2015 Mazda CX-5 instrumentation

imperial4ever

:
Chrysler 300C
Hello. I am interested in purchasing a new CX-5. Could someone please tell me if the instrumentation (Speedometer and tach) are back-lit illuminated during the daytime for easier viewing without having to turn on the exterior lights to see the gauges lit up?

Thank you.

They are not. You need to turn on your lights for the back-lit illumination for the instrumentation.

I leave all my lights(fogs too) on, all the time and I have just set them to turn off automatically, after 30 sec and I don't have to worry about them anymore.

<strike></strike>Edit: I was incorrect. Scratch what I said. (stoned) The gauges are always backlit when the car is on. <strike>

Assuming the 15's have same instrumentation as the 14's, it is true that they are not back lit when the headlights are off,</strike> but <strike></strike>the gauges are still VERY easy to read in any of the conditions I've been in. There is good contrast between the black background and the white text and lines.

The right side gauge info screens on the tech and non-tech models are always back lit when the car is on and is also very legible.

Last edited:
Wow. I always assumed my 2015 instrument panel was back-lit during the day since everything was so easy to read. Are you sure there are no daytime lights?

Wait a minute, my 2014 instruments are lighted during the day and they dim when I turn on the headlights at night so they don't blind you. Why wouldn't the 2015 be the same way? If you turn the dimmer in the instrument panel clockwise until it clicks it turns the lights for the gauges to daytime mode while the headlights are on.

15 is the same. When the DRLs are on the instrument lights are full bright. If in rain you turn on the lights you have to turn up the inside light rod and they are are full lumins.

2015 instrument cluster and center console are always illuminated. They dim when you turn on the headlights.

I'm sorry. I was horribly mistaken. Scratch what I said. Ditto to you guys.

The instruments are fully lit when the car is on and can be dimmed when the headlights are on. This explains why they're always super easy to read in any conditions. (braindead

Odd... The only reason why I said it's not illuminated is because if my CX-5's headlights are not turned on, the console and everything else is completely dark. I don't see any lights on unless I turn the headlights on. =\

My 2013 and GF's 2015 both have fully lit gauge clusters during the day without exterior lights on.

You guys who think it doesn't turn on... need to look harder.
At night, stop the car, turn engine off. If you have auto lights, set it to OFF. Now turn the car on and the instrument cluster will light up a little bit.
Turn your lights on and it'll light up even more.

Back