All Doors Locked with the Engine Running and FOB Outside the 2015 Mazda CX-5

davenberry

:
2015 Mazda CX-5
Twice in the past week while clearing the snow off the car with the engine running, the car locked, and the FOB would not unlock the car. The only way I was able to enter the car was to remove the key from the FOB, and manually unlock the car.

Neither pressing on the FOB, nor the 'request switch' on the door would unlock the car.

I believe this the way it is supposed to function. I could be wrong as I do not have the advanced keyless, but once my engine is running my FOB is disabled.

Twice in the past week while clearing the snow off the car with the engine running, the car locked, and the FOB would not unlock the car. The only way I was able to enter the car was to remove the key from the FOB, and manually unlock the car.

Neither pressing on the FOB, nor the 'request switch' on the door would unlock the car.

I would LOVE to know how you made this happen because I actually want it to happen and I can't. I like to start my car and let it get warm on really cold days so I don't have to sit in a cold car, but I want it to stay locked while running so my personal items can't be stolen from it. Except I can't get it to lock by any means other then locking it with the physical key before I walk away. I cannot get the doors to lock with ANY of the electronics or buttons if my engine is on and the fob and I are outside the car.

I like to start my car and let it get warm on really cold days so I don't have to sit in a cold car, but I want it to stay locked while running so my personal items can't be stolen from it.

The OEM remote start does this.

Back