Radio wont work

Targaryen420

:
2002 Mazda Protege5
Hey everyone, my radio and overhead light wont turn on. A coworker of mine came by and tested all the relays and fuse box with a voltage tester. English is his second language. He didnt tell me which one was out. Which relay is connected to the radio? I wanna order parts of this. Would anyone know the relay number or part name?

Thanks!

Forget about the radio, you don't need it on to listen for the sound you hear while in 5th gear. Also, isn't your rear bumper falling off and don't you need winter tires still? Fix the hazardous problems then deal with the unimportant radio.

Kids these days ... priorities all screwed up.

Fuse block in the kick panel on driver side by ur left foot, its a fuse just change it and ur radio and light will work

Its been a long time since i chagnged it, look on the back side of panel shows what fuse is what, should say dome if im not mistaken

Forget about the radio, you don't need it on to listen for the sound you hear while in 5th gear. Also, isn't your rear bumper falling off and don't you need winter tires still? Fix the hazardous problems then deal with the unimportant radio.

Kids these days ... priorities all screwed up.
Was planning to upgrade my radio in the future my self. Gonna pull out the JVC deck and put a straight pipe.

I just compared them on Crutchfield and found the x520 has no BT capability whereas the x720 has BT built in.

Until you find the need to use BT for either calls or streaming music. I personally would prefer to have BT so if the fam needs to call me while on the road, I can talk freely. Not something I do all the time but nice to have when I need it.

I put in a 10 amp and 15 amp fuse for Number 3 and number 8 fuse slots and my radio now works, and my overhead light works also. Thanks for all your help guys.

Back