Cleaning engine bay

Low pressure, with a good degreaser and a brush will give you safer, and more consistent results... Than a blast at the QUARTER machine... Plus the high pressure wash pushes moisture everywhere and also has a tendency to remove any loose paint or labels in the engine bay...

Also I would recommend doing it on a day where it is warm enough and / or can be driven for a decent distance to heat up and dry out the remaining moisture in the engine bay.

That being said... on the PRO5 I would keep the water from pooling in the top of the valvecover, as well as the battery, fusebox area.

I have been stranded before upon restart while degreasing engines at a car wash...Now I make sure to keep the car running during the wash...

Last edited:
I don't think its a great idea on our cars since the alternator is mounted so low.

If you have to do it, get some plastic bags over the electrical components.

Pressure washer is absolutely safe in the right hands. Like anything else you will always have people doing things they should not and then advocating how it is such a bad idea. You will need an assortment of brushes and rags. Stay away from the HD degreasers. Scrubbing Bubbles, Dawn etc won't leave residues or harm the hardware like some of those. Use a blower right afterwards to remove most of the water that will pool in various places. Then you can mop up the rest with a dry rag. I like my engine bay to be clean so I clean it often with my pressure washer.

Just as these fellas said.I degreased my engine a while back before I knew better.got water in my valve cover in the plug holes.caused a huge misfire.just make sure you do rite haha

Back