Dumb question. How far is too far when "restoring" a P5?

I'll have to try a body shop estimate this summer when I'll have an extra mode of transportation around. I assume that it'll have to be dropped off at a shop for the estimate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll have to try a body shop estimate this summer when I'll have an extra mode of transportation around. I assume that it'll have to be dropped off at a shop for the estimate.

I am sure you can ask for a rough estimate on the spot, depends on how official the shop is. Call in and ask.

Once you hear the price it will probably more than you expect or hope for.

Id have a look around for a smaller body shop that you can pay cash ect. most of the shops in my area wanted to charge me like $1600 to fix a quarter dent when i backed my msp into a stump.. shopped around a bit and got that figure down to $800 cash money.. sure the paint wasn't a dead ringer but they did good work on the actual repair. you could also take the opportunity to learn how do rust repairs yourself. you could prob fix those roof spots yourself without any special tools. how hands on a person are you?
if im honest, the hardest part is definitely paint, but a little practice makes it not such a big deal.. you can blend that silver in easily with a spraybomb even as there are so many seams and partitions in that panel. then if the clear doesn't go on absolutely perfect, doesn't matter cause you can polish it to match.

do a little youtubing, i bet you could fix most of the rust in a weekend.

Last edited:
I'm very hands on with my own mechanic work. This is something that is like to try to tackle (maybe if I could get it scheduled with a trip to see my nephew, who works in auto body) and learn some things along the way.

Back