P5 beginner question.

Amburgytj

:
Mazda Protege5
Okay, so I'm no professional at this at all. Just want to throw that out there. So I managed to break the air conditioner piece and and can't figure out what it's actually called or where I can find and buy a new one. So I'll post a picture to show. Hopefully someone can help. I'll save you the story because its embarrassing enough. I want to bring this car to gold knowing I only got it for 750 at 150k I'm satisfied. And I love the car. Just need some beginner tips. I've read some of the forum posts and I've found a lot but so much is confusing. So please take it easy on me knowing this is new to me. I am an engineer though. But I work on electronics not car stuff so I'm trying to get ahold of something new. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    666.7 KB · Views: 128
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    653.1 KB · Views: 134
Do you need that whole piece or just a knob? I've never opened that part of my car up before so not sure what is broken. If you're looking for the whole part i just googled climate control. Heres a link below to one on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

That's it!! Thank you so much. Yeah I know. I didn't know how to take the radio out and cracked some of the gears on the climate control. I just pulled in the gold trim cause I didn't know the climate control unit was connected with screws. I thought it was just pins. But installing it is gonna be another beast. But Thank you.

Back