Pod Filter Install Tips and Help?

WuCheng

:
Mazda 3 / Axela Neo Sport 2.0 Litre , 2008
Thinking of putting a pod filter into my mazda 3 2008 and just wanted to know i seem to get the gist of how to install it however there was a youtube tutorial which the guy didnt put the tempature sensor back in a left it in there is that bad???? or can i do that too?

Also any tips would be nice :)
thanks again
WuCheng

I have a very similar one in my MX5 Miata. It's a Mazdaspeed kit that is made by AEM. If you live in an area that gets lots of rain, I wouldn't recommend it unless you have another vehicle that you can use during heavy rainstorms. True CAIs like this one do keep intake temps very close to the outside temperature, which guarantees that your engine ECU will NOT retard timing and reduce horsepower output. Colder air = denser air = more power.

I live in a non rainy area , so we should be fine with that also i was planning on having silicon joiner and some piping and then making it that way would that be wise???

It may be a bit tricky to fabricate large diameter piping with the correct bend locations and with welded-on mounting tabs. I wouldn't use accordion rubber hose, as it can slow air velocity down.
But if you can essentially copy an AEM setup and buy their filter, I'd say, go for it.

Back