Front license plate installation question

notpennysboat

:
2013 Mazda 2
Hey all! First time posting, hoping you can help me with a problem I'm having.

Is there any kind of license plate kit or adapter, preferably made by mazda, for the mazda 2? Dealership wanted to drill right into my front bumper, I wasn't ok with that. Told them I'd stick my plate in the front window until I found a better solution. After popping off the small cover on the front bumper I was pretty excited! Until I realized the holes did not match up with my license plate. I've been going crazy looking for a kit that could work with it, but I've had no luck.

I really don't want to use one of the kits that displays the license plate off to the side of the bumper, I'm a little OCD and the fact that it's not centered would bother me.
Any other ideas or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

I think corksport makes a front license relocation for the mazda 2. it fits in the hole where the tow hook goes.

I'm having trouble finding one to work with my 5.

Check your state's regulations to make sure it's okay first, but I drilled the front plate to fit the existing mounting!

Have mine ziptied to the grille. Right in the middle, doesn't really help air flow, but gets the car up to operating temp quicker in the winter.

dynobunny - I'm looking at their site and don't see anything that fits what I want. Thank you though! I'll definitely be booking their site for future reference.

manckx - I was thinking about doing that but couldn't find any info on NJ, just people like me asking or complaining about it lol Maybe I'll give my local police department a call and ask.

daedalus_zero - For the 13 mazda 2s theres only one, and the holes are about 1.5 inches away from fitting. I was hoping that since the cover that pops off has those nice little brackets that there would be an adapter that would fit in to where the brackets are inserted on the front bumper. I haven't had any luck in finding one though.

genericmoniker - I reaaalllllyyy don't want to do that, I'd be so paranoid of the zipties breaking and me losing my license plate (that would be my luck).

THATS IT THATS WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR AAAAAAAH

hallelujah.gif

Latest posts

Back