Parrot Android Auto/Apple Play Headunit coming!

Parrott is a solid brand. Quality of the audio portion is suspect though, but to most it will be just fine.

I do not believe you will be able to control vehicles functions though. That usually requires a data link to the cars system and Mazda has not been compatible with any of them yet.

Nice!

Would it be able to fit for the CX-5, though? They're presenting a 7 inch screen, whereas I know the screen in CX-5's are 5.8 inches.

It's a standard double DIN, so I'd imagine yes. There is a lot of bezel for buttons and knobs on the standard... The parrot is almost all screen. I'm eager to hear about pricing. I'm also a little concerned if it'll sound better/worse than the Bose audio or if it'll affect it at all.

It's a standard double DIN, so I'd imagine yes. There is a lot of bezel for buttons and knobs on the standard... The parrot is almost all screen. I'm eager to hear about pricing. I'm also a little concerned if it'll sound better/worse than the Bose audio or if it'll affect it at all.

The Bose sounds pretty decent with a good sound aftermarket sound processor. I've been pleased with its performance with my current Parrot.

I'm willing to lose the vehicle settings, but not the steering wheel controls. If they can integrate factory controls, only then will the unit be considered.

I have just replaced a 6.1" Kenwood navigation, with a 6.95" one and it fits the same.

I am quite sure you'll be able to use steering wheel controls. I don't think you'll be able to change car settings unless Parrot creates a Mazda dedicated interface, which is however possible. As you can see in the videos published by Parrot at CES, on screen you can see the parking sensors graphics and climate control, which implies a dedicated interface to the car manufacturer system. That means that there will be dedicated interfaces. I just hope they'll make one for Mazda cars.

The video itself made me want to buy it that is for sure. The biggest reason I have not bought a Mazda 2015 CX-5 is the infotainment is just so terrible. The place by me "crutchfield" says they can install the Pioneer or Alpine after market systems but I would lose capability of the back-up camera. Now I know there is another thread discussing the work around for this but there is no way in hell I am doing this myself. If anybody knows of a place in Northern VA that will do the work around, I mean I am willing to drive quite a ways.

Getting back on topic regarding the subject of this thread. The biggest issue is which is mentioned above is that Parrot is going to have to develop a way for their system to compatabile with Mazda CX-5 Options (i.e. back-up camera). In the grand scheme of things Mazda just isn't as big as some of the other car manufacturers so not sure if it is worth the investment to try and get their system fully compatable with vehicles like the 2015 Mazda CX-5.

I would like to install something like that in my CX-5 but I don’t live in utopia and the possible upcoming popularity of these systems might make it a nice target for low-lifes.

I would like to install something like that in my CX-5 but I dont live in utopia and the possible upcoming popularity of these systems might make it a nice target for low-lifes.

I would tend to agree, but there wouldn't be much of a difference in appearance compared to the OEM. There will still be a large touch screen, but it won't scream aftermarket like some other stereos.

people still steal radios, you know... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hewakHjS9Ts

The video itself made me want to buy it that is for sure. The biggest reason I have not bought a Mazda 2015 CX-5 is the infotainment is just so terrible. The place by me "crutchfield" says they can install the Pioneer or Alpine after market systems but I would lose capability of the back-up camera. Now I know there is another thread discussing the work around for this but there is no way in hell I am doing this myself. If anybody knows of a place in Northern VA that will do the work around, I mean I am willing to drive quite a ways.

Getting back on topic regarding the subject of this thread. The biggest issue is which is mentioned above is that Parrot is going to have to develop a way for their system to compatabile with Mazda CX-5 Options (i.e. back-up camera). In the grand scheme of things Mazda just isn't as big as some of the other car manufacturers so not sure if it is worth the investment to try and get their system fully compatable with vehicles like the 2015 Mazda CX-5.

Hey, I'm in NoVA too and was thinking the same thing. I would love to have CarPlay and do a swap but don't want to do it myself and need to still have the backup camera. Thinking about calling the Napa down near my parents' about 3 hours from here, they did all my audio work in high school/college, and making a weekend trip if they can make it so the backup camera still works. I don't really trust anyone up here but haven't looked or asked around. Either way, if not, then I will hopefully be able to do a swap with the new OEM 2016 unit, presuming it will be compatible with CarPlay.

I'm definitely considering getting this but just wondering if it would be at all possible to use the GPS antenna from the CX 5 instead of the one they want you to mount on the windshield!! Would anyone know if this is possible?

dinob: Some decks like the Pioneer AVIC-7100NEX will have their own built-in nav, but I'm excited to use just to use Google Navigation and my phone's GPS antenna (and my phone's data plan for drawing the maps, etc.) My phone's GPS works pretty well in the suburbs and rural areas and I haven't found any GPS system that works worth a darn in an urban canyon such as downtown Chicago.

Last edited:
Back