NAV from CX9 onto CX5

EnorMOZ

:
Mazda cx5/cx9
Hello,
We just purchased a 2014 CX9 GT with Tech and a 2015 CX5 GT but no NAV. The CX5 has a SD port but no SD Card. The CX9 SD has yet to be registered or what not. Would we be able to "copy/backup" the SD card from the CX9 and use it on the CX5 to get NAV ? I have read forums of some people mentioning they would try it but haven't seen any results. Also saw people mention that you can just buy the SD card off 3part site. So I was wondering can we just use the cx9 version or do we actually need a fresh new SD card ? Any feedback would be appreciated.

I have seen the nav module for the CX-5 for sale on the internet, so I believe it takes more than just the SD card. Does your CX-5 have the tech package?

I'm surprised to hear it has the port but no card, unless Mazda is now just pre-wiring it anyway. My non-nav '14 has no port. Did you buy it used?

Do you think it is at all probable that some one would buy a new CX-5 and a new CX-9 at the same time and not know if the cx-5 had Nav or not. Sounds suspicious to me.

Do you think it is at all probable that some one would buy a new CX-5 and a new CX-9 at the same time and not know if the cx-5 had Nav or not. Sounds suspicious to me.

Bought a CX5 for himself and a CX9 for the wife to tote the kids?

Back