Install Pioneer AVH-4000NEX using OEM backup cam and SWC 2015 6 touring no BOSE

Kevin116

:
2015 Mazda 6 Touring
Has anybody done this yet (specific radio probably doesn't matter)? I'm looking for recommendations on installation parts that will work and instructions to make the wires needed to make the OEM backup cam work with the aftermarket stereo. I assume there's no way to make the center console control knob to work. I found a thread for the OEM backup cam on the CX-5 forums but it looks like some of the parts they used won't work for the 6.

I am looking at these parts:

Axxess ASWC-1 Steering Wheel Control Adapter
Metra 70-7903 Receiver Wiring Harness

For the backup cam issue it looks like I would need to go to 6v from 12v in which case it sounds like this will work:

SMAKN Dc/dc Converter 12v Step Down to 6V/3A Power Supply Module

Last stupid question, will I need this?

Metra 40-HD10 Antenna Adapter

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Best Buy said they couldn't make the OEM camera work and I'd rather not pay someone several hundred dollars to do something I can do with a little help.

Thanks

Has anybody done this yet (specific radio probably doesn't matter)? I'm looking for recommendations on installation parts that will work and instructions to make the wires needed to make the OEM backup cam work with the aftermarket stereo. I assume there's no way to make the center console control knob to work. I found a thread for the OEM backup cam on the CX-5 forums but it looks like some of the parts they used won't work for the 6.

I am looking at these parts:

Axxess ASWC-1 Steering Wheel Control Adapter
Metra 70-7903 Receiver Wiring Harness

For the backup cam issue it looks like I would need to go to 6v from 12v in which case it sounds like this will work:

SMAKN Dc/dc Converter 12v Step Down to 6V/3A Power Supply Module

Last stupid question, will I need this?

Metra 40-HD10 Antenna Adapter

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Best Buy said they couldn't make the OEM camera work and I'd rather not pay someone several hundred dollars to do something I can do with a little help.

Thanks

Hello...were you able to make your OEM cam work? I'm installing a Pioneer 4200 NEX. I also have the SMAKN 12v step down to 6v, along with a AX-MAZCAM adapter. I appreciate any help. Thanks!!

Back