iPhone 6 - Music plays automatically after car starts and connection is made

:
2014 CX-5 Grand Touring
I just bought my 2014 CX-5 Grand Touring certified per-owned yesterday and love it. One annoyance however is that when I start the car and it makes to Bluetooth connection with my iPhone 6 successfully, the iPhone will start playing music automatically. If the music app was running (but not playing anything) it would start the song that was last played. If no apps are running, it starts playing the first song title alphabetically with the player used by Siri. In other words, the pause control is on the start screen but once the iphone reads your fingerprint and lets you in, there is no app running to access to stop play.

ANy insights on why this happens and how to prevent it appraciated.

I think you're going to have problems for two reasons...
1. The entertainment system doesn't recognize the iphone 6, only up to the 5
2. It wont recognize iO8 either.
The system programmers only gave the system a limited range of Apple devices that it will sync with. I know this because I had an iPod that worked for a while and then just stopped. I went to the dealership and they told me it wasn't compatible with the H/U. Mazda has a website that I can't remember right now. If you find it, it'll tell you if you device is accepted or not.

That can't be true. My iPhone 6 works perfectly with Bluetooth. I just make sure that my first desired song (more usually playlist) is chosen and then turn Bluetooth on.

Whenever I used to have Bluetooth problems after an update, delete the pairing on both the phone and head unit. Then repair and make sure it fully pairs. I believe someday we will get an update that fixes iOS8, I upgraded my phone to WindowS. I will never go back to iPhone. If Apple wont follow industry specs on anything, you can't expect them to work well in all situations...

My iPhone 6 and my wife's 6 plus work as well. OP is it possible that your leaving your audio settings menu on blue tooth from you previous drive. In other words if you shut the car off after listening to bluetooth, the next time you start the car it automatically sees you settings and starts playing? If so this is normal. To test this change to FM or Sirius before you shut the car off, and restart after walking away for a few minutes.

Back