2014 Engine Coolant

Guys, there is a reason they sell OEM spec coolant. Like Honda engine needs to use Honda coolant. I agree $30 is much more than $10 you get from autozone. But it's just cheap insurance. If something go wrong, you will blame why you out in offspec coolant to try to save $20. If you want to save money, learn how to do it yourself will save a ton from stealership labor cost. But I would never cheap out on parts and fluids.

Our 13 Touring is at 36k miles and the level is slightly below LOW at cold engine. I just but it from Amazon for $29.

Overtime, it is not a bad idea to change every 30k or 60k because if you see how coolant flow around your engine block, there are still little containments that result in your coolant. Flush it will make sure it is clean and in working condition.

10 years 120k miles then every 60k miles? Might as well use the OEM coolant as Mazda advised it was formulated to not destroy OEM seals and hoses.

Engine Coolant

Dealer will probably use water unless you tell them and watch them put in coolant. :))
Unfortunately this's most likely ture especially how expensive the OEM coolant is. I also need to top off as the coolant level was low since we got our CX-5 fresh out of the truck. The service advisor refused me to watch him topping off the coolant. I can only trust his words. I also noticed several brand new CX-5's I checked in dealers lot were all low on engine coolant and engine oil.

I also noticed several brand new CX-5's I checked in dealers lot were all low on engine coolant and engine oil.

You got the keys to several new cars, and pulled out the dipsticks, and no one stopped you?...

Riiight.

Engine Coolant

You got the keys to several new cars, and pulled out the dipsticks, and no one stopped you?...
Riiight.
I know sales manger very well and I told him wanting to verify whether or not it's an exception on our special-orderd CX-5 with both fluids low from factory. He was interested to know too. I only needed to open the hood, not starting the engine to verify for several new CX-5's in the lot, and the one in the showroom. 6 new CX-5's bought among my friends and family, 3 were checked at new and all of them were low on both fluids too! Besides, several forum members if they bother to check their engine oil and coolant in their brand new CX-5, all confirmed this. Of course some dealers did a good job topping off oil and coolant during the new car checkup, with unknown type of oil and water of course, and you won't be able to tell. ;)

BTW, if you have AWD, do check your gear lubricant in your rear differential. So far any member bother to check has found it's about 25% low from factory too! (boom04)

This is somewhat normal. make sure to always top up with either the same colour coolant or distilled water.

a 50/50 mix of coolant and distilled is ideal in the winter, with pure distilled in the summer

Back