General AltiMAX RT43 tires

BTW, over the years as I've had tires that either had very stiff sidewalls or very squishy ones I've found that adjusting the tire pressure just a few PSIs will make the ride noticeably softer or stiffer without affecting mileage or handling.

For instance I've had Toyos that had very soft sidewalls, and adding 2 psi firmed them up quite a bit.

Hi. I am thinking of putting the same tires on my CX-5. Do you still have the General Altimax RT43 T's on your car and if so what are your impressions today? Would you buy them again? Thanks!

I noticed the same things, especially the difference in ratings. Since I'm not planning on driving anywhere near 118mph I figured the T rated Std. Touring would be fine. It is somewhat confusing, though...

I'm having them put on this morning, so I'll report back in a few days...

Hi. I am thinking of putting the same tires on my CX-5. Do you still have the General Altimax RT43 T's on your car and if so what are your impressions today? Would you buy them again? Thanks!
JonW is no longer posting since 10/9/2016. Therere plenty of customer reviews at TireRack.com. And herere some other members in this forum who have chosen this tire:

I just ordered a set of Altimax R43H for my CX5 touring. Ed
If it makes you feel any better Ed, I've had a set on my Touring for 5-6k miles and I'm a happy camper!
+1. I've had these tires on for a few months now, over 7k miles and they're great.

I also have the RT43s on my CX5 T. The T&H are essentially the same price so I choose the H tire and I expect it to have slightly better and more crisp handling due to the construction of the tread ply. Ed

I just had the rt43 H's mounted on my 17's and only driven on them for a week.

Initial impressions...Waaaaaaay quieter than the worn down stock yoko's that I had for 39k miles. The ride is definitely smoother over the small to medium imperfections. Rolling resistance also seems to be improved. The way the car accelerates and coasts feel like the car is much lighter on it's feet, like there was a lot of weight taken out of the car. Steering precision seems to have remained the same, but with lighter steering effort. I was worried about a potential loss of steering precision, which is why I decided to sacrifice some life mileage and got the H rated version. There is no sloppiness at all, which is a plus because it comes with a smoother ride.

I did not know the T and H's had different actual widths, but they did initially seem narrower when seeing them on the car for the first time.

Got them at the local Discount Tire for $530 installed with no warranty certificate.

Have not driven in any other weather besides dry conditions. Yay San Diego weather. Boo potential drought situations again. lol

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back