Lift Kit for CX-9 ???

I reeeeeaalllllly doubt that there would be a kit for this. It's essentially a Ford Edge underneath, which is somewhat a Mazda 6/Ford Fusion, aka a car. Spacers sound great, but once you start raising it up, everything in the drive-line starts to go out of it's designed range. You'll get more friction in the steering, the CVs, the control arms will be out of the designed working range, and the brake lines/sensor wires can get out of whack. I'm sure it would void a drivetrain warranty too, since if anything ever happened to the transmission, transfer case, or differential they would just say it's your fault for inducing angles the system wasn't designed for.

Honestly with a really steep driveway you're looking at something with better approach/departure angles and shorter overhangs than these things have.

As far as cost goes, suspension stuff get's pretty expensive pretty quickly. While I think $1k is a bit much for some spacers, when you look at lift kits for vehicles like 4Runners and Tacomas, $1500 bucks for the kit isn't crazy. Granted, that's usually all new shocks, lines (depending on the lift), and springs to get you there; not just some metal rings.

Don't wanna sound like a Debbie-Downer, and I hope some others chime in too, as some more ground clearance would be something I'm interested in if possible safely/the right way!

Is there a way to back into your driveway? Or put a large steel plate in the gutter to act as a "bridge"?

Back