Corksport Aluminum Crank Pulley for 2.0L & 2.5L SkyActiv Engines

Since the strut tower bar is on back-order and I've got money burning a hole in my pocket I was considering picking this up. Do you have any actual numbers of gains on the 2.5L and can you actually feel the difference of freed up power? On my Protege I had a light weight and under-driven crank pulley and it was one of the most noticeable bolt on mods I ever did. I understand that under driving stuff like the alt, water pump and oil pump can have negative effects and probably isn't the best idea so I'm glad to see this one is light weight only but my question remains, is it really worth the almost $200? Will I actually notice quicker throttle response and possibly better MPG? I always have to question modifying something, especially on the engine.. I mean Mazda put so much time into R&D on the SKYACTIV package and if it was really and advantage why wouldn't they have just made the crank pulley lighter to start with? Maybe the weight of the stock one was optimal to begin with or was it just made as is to cut costs? You probably can't answer those last few questions but it's at least worth thinking about..

Back