Looking for input about mods/car stereos and speakers exct.

Targaryen420

:
2002 Mazda Protege5
Hello Mazdas247, Im here to ask you, What Aftermarket items/kits/mods are you using to personalize your MP5?

Im going to be looking into upgrading my stereo, speakers, and maybe a stubby antenne for the MP5. I'm looking for a decent GPS/stereo to fit into the already existing OEM stereo.
What websites are you aware of that offer great aftermarket items?

Don't get a cheap one with gps. If you want one that works you're gonA pay 600-800 one that works well 800-1100

+1 on crutch field. I buy all my stuff from them. More expensive than ebay but well worth customer service and support. Any issues they usually resolve them immediately

Just bought a head unit from Sonic Electronix. Heard good things about the company and their service/support. Bought a double-din unit, a Pioneer FH-X720BT, no gps but it has a lot of good features and is similar to the OEM design/style. Good reviews as well. Got it yesterday so it's still shipping.

What tweety said is also true, gps units are pricey, $300+ for the cheap end. Most of which are only gps "compatible", meaning they don't come preinstalled with gps. Besides, I don't need another gps if I have a smartphone. With the unit I bought, gps commands can play through the stereo when the phone is connected.

Last edited:
I have a kenwood exceleon single din with blue tooth and love it. I think I paid $160 for it at crutch field and came with harness and dash kit

Infiniti speakers are also great

The unit I got has variable color illumination, Bluetooth with up to 2 devices connected at same time, hands free calling with mic included, full iOS compatibility, android compatibility, Mixtrax, subwoofer level control, and front aux and USB ports. Got all that plus included dash kit and harness, and an extended 3 year warranty for $133. Great deal if you ask me..

I guess we'll see how long it lasts

I payed $13.99 for the 3-year, when I said $133 I meant that was the total for everything. Sorry, it was poorly worded.

Back