Thoughts on Mazda stickers

WuCheng

:
Mazda 3 / Axela Neo Sport 2.0 Litre , 2008
So previously i was looking at the interwebs and i saw there was a mazda 3 with a mazdaspeed sticker on it. from the looks of it the owner of the picture did not specify whether it was a 3 or a speed 3 . I came to this thought because a friend of mine bought a huge windshield sticker that says move over with a huge white arrow on it for his toyota 86 and it looks really weird/bad. so i was thinking to myself i would get myself a sticker that suits the car such as a mazda sticker but when i searched no good ones turned up except for the mazdaspeed sticker which i thought was really cool. Now my main question is would it be wrong to have a mazdaspeed sticker on my ordinary 3 (even though i know they are seperate models) but i want to know your opinions (2thumbs)

My first car was a used 74 RX4 with a mirrored strip across the top of the windshield that spelled MAZDA when viewed through the rearview mirror of the car in front of me. It was cool because I could see through the strip/banner from inside the car, and the vehicle in front of me knew exactly what make of car was behind him or her. That RX4 also had louvers on the back window and speakers built into the back seats. I loved that car.

Later, I bought a 68 Corvette that had a big-block hood with "427" numbers on it. The car actually had a 327 small-block engine, but many people were extremely jealous when they say the 427 numbers. It made me feel good and bad, since I knew it was a lie. Years later when the car was painted, I left off the numbers but kept the big block hood - kind of a compromise.

Today, I wouldn't add a sticker, numbers, or letters that imply something that isn't true. Most people I know, feel the same way.

My first car was a used 74 RX4 with a mirrored strip across the top of the windshield that spelled MAZDA when viewed through the rearview mirror of the car in front of me. It was cool because I could see through the strip/banner from inside the car, and the vehicle in front of me knew exactly what make of car was behind him or her. That RX4 also had louvers on the back window and speakers built into the back seats. I loved that car.

Later, I bought a 68 Corvette that had a big-block hood with "427" numbers on it. The car actually had a 327 small-block engine, but many people were extremely jealous when they say the 427 numbers. It made me feel good and bad, since I knew it was a lie. Years later when the car was painted, I left off the numbers but kept the big block hood - kind of a compromise.

Today, I wouldn't add a sticker, numbers, or letters that imply something that isn't true. Most people I know, feel the same way.

What he said. No badges or stickers that imply something other than what you have - I feel like that's just poor car etiquette.

As far as parts go, I would think that's a little different. Like the above poster, I had a 69 corvette 350 but also had a big block hood because it looked better. I feel like that's more acceptable.

well, "mazdaspeed" is not just a "speed3"...mazdaspeed is their performance line. like honda's HFP or Mugen or Lexus' "F" or nissan's "Nismo". so having "mazdaspeed" or "mazdamovement" stickers on, as long as they're small and classy, not a giant banner accross your windshield should be acceptable. My cousin actually put them diagonal along the rear quarter panel/C windows and they look pretty nice. another one added the MS stickers on the hood's bump...so it really comes down to how creative you are.

...speaking of which, I just read an article that quoted a US Mazda rep as saying Mazda will be introducing a Mazdaspeed 3 with 300+ HP, followed by a Mazdaspeed 2 and 6. This should be an interesting year or two.

well, "mazdaspeed" is not just a "speed3"...mazdaspeed is their performance line. like honda's HFP or Mugen or Lexus' "F" or nissan's "Nismo". so having "mazdaspeed" or "mazdamovement" stickers on, as long as they're small and classy, not a giant banner accross your windshield should be acceptable. My cousin actually put them diagonal along the rear quarter panel/C windows and they look pretty nice. another one added the MS stickers on the hood's bump...so it really comes down to how creative you are.

This 100% MazdaSpeed was Mazda's performance line of Parts for decades before any "Mazdaspeed" car came out. So no, I was rocking a MazdaSpeed sticker on my MX6 back in like 1997.

Back