AWD- Rear Diff subframe bushings

Hi Alfissimoint,
I am facing the same issue on my 2008 CX-9 AWD.
Did you have any issues in removal of the old bushings? Anything you can share.
I am purchasing the FEBEST MZMB-031 Differential Mount Arm Bushing and Bushing Rear Arm For Mazda Febest # MZAB-143.
I was going to spray with some lubricant and let that work in before trying to remove it.
Thanks
Justin

I'm ordering the parts for my 2008 Mazda cx-9 Today. Dealership wants 2600 for a new subframe and labor.

Are we sure on the part numbers that I need? A see a few different ones listed below.

Also is this something I regular guy can do, or is it super labor intensive/require a bunch of speciality tools? Thanks in advance for the response.

Phillip

Update

I just finished my project this weekend.

REMOVAL:

1. I ended up buying all of the above recommended bushings, just because I wasn't sure what would work best.
2. Dropped the tire, removed the two bolts and washers from the worn out bushings.
3. Cut out the old rubber inside the bushing using a razor knife. Be careful.
3. I used a small flathead screwdriver, driving it in, to bend up the edge just a bit.
4. I used a Dremel tool (#192 carving/engraving bit) to cut the bushing.
5. I used a small flathead screwdriver, driving it in, to bend up the edge completely.
6. I then removed both of the bushings. Once the thin metal is cut through, they are easily removed.
7. I used a Dremel tool (#83142) to smooth out the inside of the subframe holes.

INSTALLATION

1. I used the MZAB-143 parts. Bought them off of amazon. Here is another website: https://febestparts.com/CROSSMEMBER_BUSHING/MZAB-143
2. I shaved them down on my bench grinder just a slight amount (all around the sides). It is slightly larger and will not fit unless ground down a bit.
3. I beat the heck out of them, driving them in. Was careful not to hit the bolt that comes out of the differential.
4. I jacked up the differential a bit with a floor jack. That helped keep the bolt centered.
5. Once installed I reinstalled the washers and nuts.
6. Reinstalled the spare tire.

No problems since then. But it has only been two days. My quote from the Mazda dealership was $2600 for parts and labor. I did all of this for less than $75 (after returning the unused bushings.) The bushings recommended in the second posts are some sort of fiberglass material, and they are not near as sturdy as the MZAB-143 bushing.

Back