How much are you guys paying for oil changes through your dealer?

So, I have an update!
I went home and ordered the oil + filter from mazdaparts.org for $40 shipped (I ordered my roof rack too so got free shipping). My boyfriend (ex-mechanic) is changing the oil and installing the roof rack this weekend.

Good for you! Don't let that service writer push you around. You should report him to Mazda for not honoring his coupons.

I said oh, I'll move it and reached for my keys. He grabbed them before me and said no I'll move it. I said I really would prefer to move my own car, thanks. We went back and forth for literally almost a full minute, with him saying things like, why would you bring your car here for an oil change and expect us not to drive your car, to which I responded, you will not be the one changing my oil, will you? I brought my car here only because I had a free coupon and you won't honor that. I finally had to forcibly take my keys from his hand and said you know what, forget it, I'm leaving. I backed out of the service bay and he promptly called me, which I ignored, and left a voicemail urging me to come back or make another appointment. I will not go back to the dealer unless there is a recall that requires dealer work.

I love it! You showed him who was in the driver's seat (literally).

I can't believe he tried to take YOUR car keys away. I wonder what has become of respectful, intelligent service?

I love it! You showed him who was in the driver's seat (literally).

I can't believe he tried to take YOUR car keys away. I wonder what has become of respectful, intelligent service?

I couldn't believe it! He still hadn't written me up a ticket and I had only set my keys on the counter. At one point he actually thought I was going to leave my car without seeing some type of invoice with the price we agreed upon on it. He still hadn't produced that when this happened, and I was already ticked off and he only escalated it by literally holding my keys hostage. Utter disbelief.

I prepaid for six oil changes at the dealer for $49/each which includes tire rotation. I put at least 100miles/day on the car and just had my third change since April.

Back