will 16x10 rub?

:
Hi,
Its been a while since I've posted, but the forum looks a tad bit... Cleaner. And I can't remember where I had read before on what the widest wheel, our car can handle. I just was wondering if 16x10 with a +20-30 offset would rub internally on the spring or if I put the right tire on, it would clear the fender and be just fine.. I like the aggressive look a little more and like being closer to the ground, so 16's dont bother me.. I just know that going larger on wheel size, I'll have a larger chance on rubbing. I have some rust going on, on the rear fenders.. So im also trying to avoid rolling, because it might just crack everything a little more.. Thanks for any help and input

Whoa. If anything for functionality, itd at least handle nicer for the snow. Thanks for your opinion tho, Its pretty useless

a 7" would probably be the widest you could go without rolling your fenders. 8 might be possible with a higher offset

My brother runs 10" wheels on his 240. 245 series tire is stretched on the front ones and he runs 275 or 295 on the rear depending if he's runing slicks or street tires.

A skinnier tire will do better in snow

If you want something to handle better last thing you want is stupid offset or wide wheels

Use some common sense

tweety2300 is defiantly right on this. 10" wide is just stupid on a protege. There isnt any room really.

Im running +35, 8.5 with 245 tire and i myself think its pretty stupid and it required a lot of rolling and pulling to get them to fit.

tweety2300 is defiantly right on this. 10" wide is just stupid on a protege. There isnt any room really.

Im running +35, 8.5 with 245 tire and i myself think its pretty stupid and it required a lot of rolling and pulling to get them to fit.

This I would like to see.

Back