New owner of a 2007 Mazda 5 GT

tk9

:
2007 Mazda5 Grand Touring
1 owner Carfax, no reported accidents. Galaxy Gray Mica, Espresso Brown Leather, Navigation, 91k miles. VERY clean. It had 4 small dings/dents which were taken care of earlier today by dent wizard. Only cosmetic issue is a few very minor scratches here and there which will probably come off with a thorough exterior detail.

Dealer replaced the light on the seat heater switch, battery, tires, and fluids (says everything else is very good.... (bs)).

Some issues that i've noticed while driving the car for a few days:

Wind noise, a very annoying, frequent and loud creak from the drivers side sliding door when the car flexes, a tiny bit of rough idle (very minor) and a drivers belt that looks like its been chewed up by pet (probably inexpensive to replace). The passenger side sliding door handle (exterior) feels loose? Also, the window switches for the passenger and rear occupants do not illuminate at night... neither does the lock/unlock switch and seat heater switches... is this normal? The navigation certainly needs an update lol

Overall I really like the car, as soon as I fix the above I'll be more content driving it. Negotiated price $7,700... OTD $8,400. Not sure what the original sticker was for this vehicle.

I'm hoping to be a long time member and eventual contributor to this forum!

I'll post pics as soon as I get a chance... Anyone have any input on my original post?

Some issues that i've noticed while driving the car for a few days:

Wind noise, a very annoying, frequent and loud creak from the drivers side sliding door when the car flexes, ...

Are you sure it's the door seals? I used to get a squeak from the door seals - I cleaned them really well and put some https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned) on and the squeak went away. A creak when going over traffic bumps sounds more like worn swaybar bushings - known issue and various threads on how to fix.

The creak from the sliding door is no more! The dealer had his tech tighten a loose hinge. Replaced the new Antares with New Continental Conti Extreme DWS (I paid the difference of $156 for this upgrade). Dealer did not have time to tighten the slightly loose (exterior) door handle. I am so much more happy driving the vehicle without that awful creak!

Back