MS6 wheels fit on my 2010 5 GT?

ricksmz5

Contributor
:
2010 Mazda5
I'm looking at a nice set of 18" x 7.5" MS6 wheels, but I'm concerned about the offset. My M5 wheels have a +52.5 offset, the MS6's have a +55, put the inside of the wheel closer to the suspension, caliper, etc. Any help is appreciated!

You could always find some 5mm spacers if it is a problem. Or you could go with aftermarket rims with less positive offset to give your 5 a wider, and in my opinion, a more attractive stance.

Any downside to running 19" x 7" wheels from a 2013 CX-5? I realize that has the potential to raise the car an inch(depending on the tires), but I'm wondering if it will be detrimental to ride or handling?

I'm sure you'll notice a detriment to ride quality but see a benefit to the handling. 2010 Mz5 runs a 17x6.5 inch rim with 205/50/17 tire. A 19x7 inch rim will weigh considerably more than the OEM rim and you'll likely be running a wider, lower profile tire with a stiffer sidewall that also weighs more than the OEM tire. This extra moving weight makes it harder for your suspension to respond to changes in road surface and the lower profile tire will feel much "harder" over bumps. You'll have more tire contact patch and likely a wider stance so you'll see an improvement in cornering ability, depending on the tires you choose but with a stock suspension, body roll may be an issue in fast corners. With such a large rim you may also experience clearance issues when turning full lock, especially if these 19 inch rims have the same +52mm offset as the stock 17s.

Thanks, MarkVII88. The info I find says the CX5's offset is +50mm, so the clearance issue likely remains.

Back