Nate Fest 2015! This makes #4!

o0n8

Still have noob questions
:
74 Schwinn Varsity, 75 Camaro (Project), 04 6 Wagon
Starting the planning process of Nate Fest 2015! Wanted to make a thread for updates and help keep track of everything.

I wanted to keep it in the June/July time but may move it to May or later in August. Just not sure yet, May would be more preferred that August if necessary. Will need to look at a calender.
Edit - May is a no go for me. August doesn't look like it will work either. Maybe a late April date?

Possible dates (all Saturdays):
June 6th (possible Auto Interest Event)
June 20th (day before Father's day)
July 18th

Place & Time: TBD - Need to find a place with ample parking. Bonus!With it being a Saturday, people would also have the option of going to the local Cars & Coffee before cruising over.

I think the raffle worked well last year. Would have been better if certain companies followed thru with their pledge...

Other Ideas - Food Truck(s) and everyone is on their own or maybe do a registration fee ($?) that includes food and 5 or so raffle tickets.

Your input and ideas are always welcome!

Last edited:
Can we get a roll call going, I want to know how many parking spaces because last year we got over capacitated for our area and the whole park, Battel darby metro park wouldn't be bad. And yes I do think we need to have some kind of service or event held at this meet. And I would be ok with June 20th, Close to last few years, and yeah saturday would be nice for C&C breifly before the meet. Lets make this be a great one as always.

Interested once again. I'll be a misfit again.

Can we get a roll call going, I want to know how many parking spaces because last year we got over capacitated for our area and the whole park, Battel darby metro park wouldn't be bad. And yes I do think we need to have some kind of service or event held at this meet. And I would be ok with June 20th, Close to last few years, and yeah saturday would be nice for C&C breifly before the meet. Lets make this be a great one as always.
The site we were at had the biggest reserve-able parking lot of any Metro Park. I'm looking into some other possibilities with more parking, It just won't be a park. So that means probably no shade or shelter.
Interested once again. I'll be a misfit again.
Misfits always welcome!

You'll be alone this year since it'll be on a Saturday.

Get me the Byer's lot and I'm sure you can say you're working! Bring one of the new ecoboost Mustangs for everyone to check out.

Get me the Byer's lot and I'm sure you can say you're working! Bring one of the new ecoboost Mustangs for everyone to check out.

I don't know what's going on over there right now. They completely shut it down and I don't know if they've sold the property because they're building new condos over that way.

I don't know what's going on over there right now. They completely shut it down and I don't know if they've sold the property because they're building new condos over that way.
Probably sold it since it was also the former Chevy dealership years ago and they are opening the new one in Grove-tucky. The Mazda/Subie Dealership looks like it might have enough parking in the grass :)

Probably sold it since it was also the former Chevy dealership years ago and they are opening the new one in Grove-tucky. The Mazda/Subie Dealership looks like it might have enough parking in the grass :)

Up until last year, it was a functioning used car dealership, training facility and body shop. They then slowly moved the sales to the Chevy store, moved the corporate people down to Hamilton, and closed up everything else but the body shop. Then two months ago, that closed. I'll find out what's going on and see if they still own it or not.

It's been some time since I've posted so I guess it's time for and update. Checking with a few places to possibly host a meet but haven't heard back yet. i was notified that a reservable shelter with 75 parking spots plus 2 handicapped spots just had a cancellation so that might be an option. That would be a late Sunday in August if I go that route. Sort of brings back up the issue on how to handle food again though.

Well if we are doing roll call, I'm definitely in. I don't know of any places to hold it though. Lets just sneak into Mid-Ohio and have a personal track day ;)

Sorry to inform everyone but there will not be a Natefest this year. With a baby and a toddler I haven't really had much time to dedicate to it and haven't found a place to host in the time I have had. Add to that starting classes again (basically full time going forward instead of 1 at a time) to finish my degree there's not really any time or brain power left for planning a meet. Also, I'm not going to ride in Pelotonia this year, half the reason why I started this. They already have 3,566 riders and have raised $1,325,404 (as pf 11:29 a.m.) so they won't miss me much.

Although if you do feel charitable this is a great organization and great cause to donate to. 100% of your donation goes directly to funding cancer research and is tax deductible.

Last edited:
I was actually just talking to someone about Natefest. Bummer, but understandable.

I'm a little bummed but also a little relieved. It surprised me how much work is really needed to not only have a meet but make it a good one. Definitely upped my appreciation for what you, Marlon and Laurie do for the MOCO and various other meets.

I forgot about this, and I was going to try to come (now that 2 of the 3 dates already passed).

Back