too much windscreen condensation and poor cabin filters

Buzzx6r

:
BMW E92 M3 & CX-5 AWD Sport Nav 175PS stormy blue with stone
I can only compare the CX5 to the M3 and other BMWs; the CX5 suffers from condensation when parked outside. Sometimes even for only a short time. It then takes a while to clear the windscreen with the AC on. I do not get condensation in the M3.

In car smells. The cabin filters do not filter out road pollution well at all. BMW use carbon / charcoal filters which are very effective. I wish they were available for the CX5.

Also, I find the windscreen gets dirty very quickly inside (likely due to the crap filters) and I have to clean the class regularly or it mists up very easily now we're in autumn / winter. Again no such issues with the M3 or other BMWs I previously owned.

Anyone else experience the above?

It' still a great car for the money.

Condensation comes from the temp differential of the cabin bs outside. I think perhaps the thinner glass and less insulated nature causes the greater temp differential.

Aren't the BMW filters really expensive though?

When I had a Elantra, I bought $10 activated charcoal for aquariums from Petco, and place them in the filter grooves and made sure they are snug. I don't know if it had any effect though. I regularly replaced the filters every 6 months on that because I could get the filters for $8 when visiting Korea.

Aren't the BMW filters really expensive though?

When I had a Elantra, I bought $10 activated charcoal for aquariums from Petco, and place them in the filter grooves and made sure they are snug. I don't know if it had any effect though. I regularly replaced the filters every 6 months on that because I could get the filters for $8 when visiting Korea.

I usually pay about 30 but worth it compared to having the annoying problems with the Mazda. I might see if I can get a roll of the stuff or use one from a cooker hood / extractor and cut to fit.

Back