Still Going Strong!

switz

:
2008 Mazda5 GT 5-spd manual
image.jpg

The picture says it all :)

attachment.php

The only rust is a little in a rather large rock ding on the front of the hood that chipped the paint away right to the metal. Otherwise nothing. That being said, here on the prairies once the temp drops below -15C (for the next 5 months at least) salt on the roads doesn't work. Grading and sand is all that works. So it's not uncommon to see older vehicles with no rust. My '97 Ranger still doesn't have any rust :)

Other than repairing and replacing the ususal things that wear out based on distance (engine oil and filter every 8K; tires; right front wheel bearing at 155K; rear shocks, right side CV joints, and spark plugs at 220K; front struts and the left two CV joints at 296K) everything else is working fine. The engine still doesn't burn a drop of oil. Fuel economy is pretty consistent at 9-10 L/100km (lifetime avg is 9.1 L/100km). My mechanic did say it's time for new brake pads all around. No, they haven't been changed yet. Slight vibration in the steering wheel when I slow down, expecially at high speeds now so I'll prob get new front brake disc's when I get the new pads, probably in the new year. I should also get a new windshield. One big rock ding with a long crack along the bottom and a lot of small nicks that you get over time. It's only getting bad to look through when driving into the sun.

Otherwise, my 5 has literally been the best car I've ever owned, from reliablilty, to functionality, to driveablility. I always look forward to every trip I have to take in my 5.

Crap, where's some wood to knock on .....lol!

Back