4 speaker CX-5 2015 with touchscreen. Does mazda wire to the other speaker mounts?

CJnum6

:
2015 CX-5 AWD Sport
Just curious is anyone has added additional speakers to their basic bluetooth 4 speaker CX-5, and happen to notice if Mazda wired up to them or not?
I figure they didn't, but in the off chance they did doesn't hurt to ask!

Coming from polk audio's in my old car, and the stock mazda speakers I'm finding sadly under my taste (notcool)
So am looking into getting some new speakers and installing, but may add to the additional slots if wired.

Thanks!

I have the Touring, which came with the dash speakers installed, so I don't know how is with the Sport, but you can pop open the grill and see if there is a connector. You may have to cut it off and add more wire to be able to connect it to the speaker. It's a weird connector.
Door speakers are, weird too, they are glued into the plastic bracket. You will have to cut out the original speakers and mount the new ones in there. 3.5" Polks would fit in the dash, that is what I have, in the doors I have Infinity Primus components(front and back).

Yes. I added the factory dash speakers to my 2014 sport. Just pop off the dash covers then remove the blocking plates held down by 2 screws. The connecter is attached to the plate. Remove and plug them in the factory speakers and put everything back together. Already wired to radio. If you go aftermarket speakers, you will have cut the plug and wire together but it's a tight fit from what I searched. The factory speakers for the dash are just tweeters. Got them at my local dealer for about $15.00 each.

You can look up an online retailer and look it up(select car and use keyword speakers), but it seems like it's: KD6266960 (w/o Bose).
Personally I wouldn't bother.
Last year, near the end of the year, I have picked up from Crutchfield a pair of Polks for $24,99 shipped. From Best Buy(same time as the Polks), I have picked up a pair of Infinity Primus PR6500cs components and the second set it was free(total $129.99+tax, picked it up in the store).

Back