Mazda 6, no backup camera, but its hole in head unit is plugged

m0c

:
Mazda 6 2014
Hi guys

I'm from Iran and I own a Mazda 6 2014. There is no Mazda dealers in our town and nobody knows about new Mazda models.
My car has a standard 6.1" head unit, but no backup camera. I've been looking for a way to install a back up camera. So I researched in this forum and saw a lot of posts about CX-5 models and how people installed aftermarket cameras. I read many posts about Mazda factory harness for camera and needing a 6V camera instead of 12V cam.

But my problem is that my car's head unit surprisingly has it own factory harness plugged in. I looked at the back of the head unit and I was surprised by seeing a 4pin harness already plugged in the corresponding hole. I guess my car already has factory wiring for backup camera. So my question is that how can I make sure it has and how can I find the ending of wires in the back of my car? Where does the wire may be located and how should I connect camera wires to it? (suppose that I already have a 6V camera)

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi I'm interested in this also as I have a mazda 6 at present but am awaiting the l-nav touring model next year. I have been told it has no rear camera so I too will be adding it myself! Please keep me informed if you find an answer.

Kind regards
Nige

Back