POWER ANTENNA on 1993 MIATA

CarLadyLisa

:
2012 Skyactiv Mazda3Sport
Hello Everyone,

I am certain this has been covered somewhere in this forum, but my search returned many results. Perhaps someone can direct me to the correct place or provide some insight.

My 1993 Miata Power Antenna no longer goes up or down. My dealership is working on a repair at the moment but keeps hitting snags ie. certain parts are not reusable and before I buy a whole new motor unit, we are just trying to replace the mast.

So my question here is....ate there any Stubby Antennas that are compatible? Has anyone just placed the whole darn thing with one? How is the reception and how do I do this? I've seen quite a few on Ebay, but not sure if they will work with the power motor.

Your help will be much appreciated. Thanking you in advance.

The answer to your question is yes, the stubbies are compatible. I'm using this one from Moss Miata http://www.mossmiata.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=101769 First time I installed it, I noticed a lack of reception when driving up/down mountains and areas where there was a lot of tree cover so I uninstalled it. Did some more digging on line regarding how to wire up the booster so I re-installed it with the booster and have been happy with the results. Reception is much better, it still drops on my way down the mountain on my commute to work but is one station and for about two minutes.

Thank you! We are having such a hard time with this darn antenna. Decided to just replace the motor assembly with a stationary one and the stubby. Turns out this was an option the whole time. The less moving parts the better. Haha Here's to hoping that reception is good. :)

Back