Crossbar Slider Mounts

mammut

Unfortunately I lost the slider mounts and the tie down loops for my crossbars.

It appears the loops have a part number, 0000-8L-N06, but I have been able to find one for the slider mounts and my Mazda dealer wasn't able to find them either.

I hate to have to buy the whole crossbars just for a coupe of plastic pieces.

Anybody have any ideas?

Link to the Install Instruction with a pic of the slider mounts:
http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/yhst-24809172479195/cx9crossbars.pdf

Last edited:
Thanks Bob. I talked to the dealer and they said the only thing included in that pack is the tie downs. Unfortunately the slider mounts aren't in there.

I am hoping they are wrong. Do you know if the slider mounts actually in there?

The lack of an individual part number on the instructions has me doubting whether you will find them without the kit. You could call around to local dealerships and see if they'll break a kit for you (i would doubt it) or if they have some lying around for some reason.

Ebay searches I just did only found the cross bar kit...

Maybe this will help. I just got my cross bars in the mail for my new CX-9 and the hardware bag had this number on it:

MAZDA 401829

2014-11-15082048_zps4f07cc32.jpg

Thanks for the pic and number.

Dealer called the Mazda tech line to see if they had any ideas but I am waiting to hear back. I'll give them a call again Monday and see what we can find.

Just to close this out. The dealer was never able to find the part number to order the mounts even after talking to Mazda. I caved and just bought the whole kit. At least this way I have 2 sets of crossbars and can swap out the ski holders without having to take the crossbars off now

Just to close this out. The dealer was never able to find the part number to order the mounts even after talking to Mazda. I caved and just bought the whole kit. At least this way I have 2 sets of crossbars and can swap out the ski holders without having to take the crossbars off now

Bummer they couldn't just get the parts bag, even with the number! That will be pretty quick to swap out now though, tool-less switch from ski rack to stock cross bars. Stealer-ship would have probably charged you $100 bucks for the hardware anyway (crazy)

Back