Most Cheap POS cars today work with Bluetooth and have USB Media Ports and work GREAT

EddieFord33

:
2015 CX5
OK, here it is fast, my wife's car took a dump last week, so we went car shopping Friday. She only needs a cheapie as she drives a short distance from home to work.

We looked at 7 cars by all makers all under 16500.00 They all had Bluetooth and USB media ports.

My wife has a Android and I have an iPhone 6.

ALL CALLS WORKED FLAWLESS AND MEDIA PLAYED WITH SECONDS OF PLUGGING IN THE PHONE. And it picked up where it left off. BT word super.

3 cars had txt and we sent each other txt and worked super.

WHY THEN IN THE HE$$ CAN'T my 2015 CX5 work like this.. Oh, they were all 2014 models too. We bought one of them media works super.

PS, my cx5 has a suspension issue lately, i think i have a leaking strut, going next week.

Well "cheap" (lower price) does not automatically = POS. You can reverse it and say the same of expensive cars. Did you look at the 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage?

Too many tech options with phones and head units. Even the cars that went to bed with Apple got caught out when they switched to the lightning port. Did you test the phone with the Mazda before you bought it?

What would you trade your CX5 for? Have you verified that it works with your phone too?

I hear there is an I-Car 1 coming out soon. Start getting in line at the Apple Store for one!

Too many tech options with phones and head units. Even the cars that went to bed with Apple got caught out when they switched to the lightning port. Did you test the phone with the Mazda before you bought it?

What would you trade your CX5 for? Have you verified that it works with your phone too?

In my example, the CX5 connects to the phone just fine then in a few days forgets about it. So "testing" before you buy may not always help.

I'd trade my CX5 for a base model Tacoma Doublecab 4x4 with no tech options. Even the new midsize GMC Canyon looks interesting.

so the point is I paid twice as much as my wife's car and her tech works great, the other point, why can't Mazda do tech right.

and she got an import too.

You paid twice as much because you got a mechanically superior (engine, transaxle, suspension, crash protection) vehicle with a $600 infotainment system, which is about the same $$$ system as the economy car you just bought only design wise the infotainment system in the economy car might be newer engineering wise and software wise.

People used to buy vehicles for how great they drove, rode, or handled but I swear the number one complaint now is infotainment systems. Manufactures should just start building vehicles with crappy drive trains with better infotainment systems and charge the same price. The manufacturers would make more money and the customers would blissfully be unaware of what their missing because they would be so connected with their electronic devices.

That Skyactive engine and transaxle are one of the best and most reliable parts of this vehicle. I can rip off 0-60 mph in less than 7.5 seconds and still manage to average over 35 mpg for the whole tank commuting to work in an SUV mind you. That was unheard of even for a sedan 5-6 years ago. It's a plus that it handles akin to a taught sedan too.

Maybe I'm just old now! I don't get it.

This is about infotainment only. Just sell the CX-5 and buy something that pairs well with your phone.

No wonder no one drives manuals these days, they are too busy tapping their mobile devices to miss driving.

No one is going to sell their CX-5 due to the afterthough of the infotainment system, but as mazda sits at less than 2% of all US sales (which is less than hyundai, kia or subaru), it's disappointing that they couldn't put more effort into their infotainment system, which lesser car companies have figured out and doubt costs much. And stop with the 'well Mazda puts their focus on drivetrain and handling'........we all want Mazda to do well here and all details matter to compete in the US market.

V8toilet, I agree with your point, but 35 mpg? Anyone else getting close to that??

Most drivers will never see 35 mpg in their CX5. I can get that with mostly all highway commuting to work and keeping the speeds between 65-70 mph? I also don't follow too close so when traffic slows I just coast down instead of braking most of the time. When I fill up at the pump I put the mileage and total gallons into fuelly. Just click on the fuelly banner in my signature for the history. When I had my 2.0 sport I would get even better numbers.

I've noticed that the droid phones I had in the past all seem to work better with the Bluetooth in my CX5 (company phones). My current Apple iPhone is a little buggy but works most of the time. I've been using my wife's Spotify account for music and that works well. I use IHeart radio for news and talk radio and that works well too. I upgraded the crappy speakers with aftermarket speakers that are amplified and a small JL Audio subwoofer. This is all controlled through the factory head unit with an Audio Controls DQ – 61. For the most part the factory head unit works fine for me.

Last edited:
I bought a 2015 MINI Hardtop with mostly base config ($24300) last month, and that doesn't even have bluetooth streaming. They charge you a lot if you want bluetooth streaming in addition with screen upgrades and stuff. The base infotaiment does have bluetooth phone, USB, and AUX.
The USB works like a dream (this is probably how every other car's USB works too) compared to my Mazda's CX-5's POS infotainment.
CX-5 feels like I'm driving a very smooth and comfortable truck now. lol.

I think Hyundai and Kia makes pretty good infotainment system. Theirs even support displaying Korean characters! I miss those ones from my 2007 Elantra.

You paid twice as much because you got a mechanically superior (engine, transaxle, suspension, crash protection) vehicle with a $600 infotainment system, which is about the same $$$ system as the economy car you just bought only design wise the infotainment system in the economy car might be newer engineering wise and software wise.

People used to buy vehicles for how great they drove, rode, or handled but I swear the number one complaint now is infotainment systems. Manufactures should just start building vehicles with crappy drive trains with better infotainment systems and charge the same price. The manufacturers would make more money and the customers would blissfully be unaware of what their missing because they would be so connected with their electronic devices.

That Skyactive engine and transaxle are one of the best and most reliable parts of this vehicle. I can rip off 0-60 mph in less than 7.5 seconds and still manage to average over 35 mpg for the whole tank commuting to work in an SUV mind you. That was unheard of even for a sedan 5-6 years ago. It's a plus that it handles akin to a taught sedan too.

Maybe I'm just old now! I don't get it.

I paid good money to get remote start, infotainment system etc. In addition to the extra money you pay for the features themselves you also have to buy a premium packages that usually include leather etc. When you do so you expect to get your money's worth for those extra features. That is not even close to the case with my 2014 CX-5. I love the way it looks, drives etc but at the same time there are other cars out there that are rated just as high that dont include a POS infosystem that is 5 years behind the competition.

Back