Leaked 2016 CX-5.

SayNoToPistons

Wheels, not rims...
:
CX-5 GT AWD w/ Tech, RX-8 GT 6spd w/ 'goodies'
As predicted with the spy shots. A slight refresh with new grill, LED lights front and rear, and wheels. Possibly a refreshed interior with new infotainment as well just like how the 2016 Mazda6 will follow with Mazda's "MazdaConnect" that we first saw in the Mazda3.

http://paultan.org/2014/11/08/mazda-cx-5-facelift-leaked-onto-internet/

mazda-cx5-fl-leak-1.jpg

mazda-cx5-fl-leak-2.jpg

Leaked 2016 Mazda6. LOVELY interior minus the electric parking brake.

http://paultan.org/2014/11/04/mazda-6-facelift-leaked/mazda-6-facelift-leaked-0006/

mazda-6-facelift-leaked-0006-850x470.jpg

mazda-6-facelift-leaked-0007.jpg

Last edited:
I actually like the grill and might see about the dealer installing it if the specs are the same (looks the same) but I don't like how they chopped up the hood similar to the Mazda 6. Was just at my dealer yesterday and really noticed the difference with the CX-5 and the 6 side by side and don't care for it. Annoyed about the infotainment!

While I like the 6/Atenza interior, I'll keep our 2015. That grill is hideous and the headlights look like Ebay specials.

Thats better. Definitely has the Mazda3 infotainment.
You would think after split, copying Ford grill would be out.
attachment.php

Attachments

• mazda-6-facelift-leaked-0006-850x470.jpg
    mazda-6-facelift-leaked-0006-850x470.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 5,595
The bottom picture titled "Atenza big changes" is for a Mazda 6.
Atenza is the name used for the 6 in Japan, see wikipedia.
It is possible, then that the interior photo is also of a Mazda 6.

The bottom picture titled "Atenza big changes" is for a Mazda 6.
Atenza is the name used for the 6 in Japan, see wikipedia.
It is possible, then that the interior photo is also of a Mazda 6.

Yes, the bottom link and pictures are of the 2016 Mazda6, not the CX-5.

I'm wondering, if there are issues with that new infotainment, what other options will be out there, to replace it, if there are issues?
I don't see a double din could be installed there.

Last edited:
Hate the slatted grill. The Kodo front grill profile is modeled after the RX-3 and works much better with the black hex-mesh:
mazda-rx3-savanna-01.jpg

I was at a Mazda driving event in September and one of the marketing guys there said that the Mazda 6 was getting the same infotaiment system as in the Mazda 3 in the 2016 model. I didn't have time to ask him if that also applied to the CX5 as well. Guess we'll all find out soon enough. I like my 2013 but am tired of all the dash rattles and the noisy suspension that the dealer can't seem to hear (they must be all deaf) a refresh to a 2016 might be just the thing if all the rattles and bumps are sorted out (plus a bit more power couldn't hurt!)

My 2013 with 26k hard/bumpy miles does have a few minor rattles here and there. Center console, A-pillar, and tailgate just to name them. Minor because they are plastic piece rattles that can be fixed with some felt tape in between the gaps. My girlfriend's 2015 CX-5 has 6000 rattle free miles, and it doesn't surprise me because most of the TSB in existence are for minor rattles in the 2013-2014 models. My 2013 had a rattle or two by the time 5000 miles hit.

I am more curious about the infotainment and how many parts it will require to swap over to the Gen1 CX-5's.

Hmmm maybe I trade in for this newer version this upcoming Spring (if out by then of course)

Seems like the biggest exterior change will be the LED lighting.

I believe those interior shots are of the Mazda6. Love the updates! The infotainment screen is more integrated into the dash as opposed to the many complainers of the 3 having it as an "after thought" look.

Here are more pictures found on the CX-5 though. Updated headlights, foglights, grill, wheels, and rear tail lights.

Mazda-CX-5_2.jpg

Mazda-CX-5_3-650x810.jpg

Mazda-CX-5_4-650x428.jpg

Mazda-CX-5_5-650x507.jpg

Back