driver side door upper corner wind noise

whoisjohngalt

:
2010 CX-9 Touring
Hello;
I'm a new member who just purchased a 2010 CX-9 Touring model. On the way home at freeway speeds I noticed a loud noise coming from the upper left drivers side door. It sounded like the window wasn't all of the way sealed. At my next stop I looked at it from the outside and it appears the upper corner of the frame sticks out away from the frame about 1/8" of an inch. Is this common and what can I do about it, it's very annoying?

Thank you for your replies!

I'd check the door hinges and latches to make sure everything is tight & aligned correctly. You could also check the weather stripping to make sure it isn't loose, misaligned, or deformed / damaged. With 1/8" gap it could be as simple as the rubber gasket being off, but enough to make an annoying wind noise!

Hopefully the car wasn't in an accident prior to your purchase and the door is a repair/replacement. If you can get your eye down even with the profile of the door and look along the contour of it, does it look like the door frame itself is deformed bent, or the paint surface wavy? That could indicate a repaint job implying door damage. Compare it to the passenger side door too.

Cheers,
BuffFan

Last edited:
Its probably the rubber guide for the window, even in my 2014 cx-9 the problem still exist where the upper corner window guide with time recedes into the window frame, causing a minute gap and visible deformation in the upper corner where the sound is coming from.

Latest posts

Back