AUTO power window switch light off, passenger side not working

potato124

:
CX-9 2010
HELP!! passenger window not working, AUTO power window switch light off

Hello,

I have a CX-9 2010 where the passenger side window will not roll up or down. Here are the specifics:
-I have tried the reset, it doesn't work. I have tried from both sides (driver and passenger switch)
-all other windows work fine.
-I never heard noise or any mechanical problems prior to it failing
-when it stopped, the light on the switch cut off
IMG_2070.JPGIMG_2071.JPG

The fuse box only has 1 fuse for all of the windows, and it is fine. I was hoping the detail of the light being out could help direct me to which door I should take apart first...

Thanks!

Last edited:
any advice?

Hello,

I have a CX-9 2010 where the passenger side window will not roll up or down. Here are the specifics:
-I have tried the reset, it doesn't work. I have tried from both sides (driver and passenger switch)
-all other windows work fine.
-I never heard noise or any mechanical problems prior to it failing
-when it stopped, the light on the switch cut off
View attachment 209158View attachment 209159

The fuse box only has 1 fuse for all of the windows, and it is fine. I was hoping the detail of the light being out could help direct me to which door I should take apart first...

Thanks!

Well the only advice I can give is to remove the door panel and stick a voltmeter on the motor to see if it even is responding.

According to the service manual if the drivers door works and the passenger door doesn't it's either the switch or the window.

If the reset doesn't work then it's the motor or switch.

Hmmm, interesting. I would have never thought of the three lights on the switch to be a status light of the system. But being off on both doors at the same time would imply they are. Which is good to know.

Not sure of another procedure right now for you. The manual only really specifies re-initializing the auto up/down feature, but it sounds like yours doesn't work at all.

Have you tried disconnecting the battery for around 10 minutes to reset the car? What specifically led to the window switch going out?

Thanks for the responses!

Unfortunately, I just recall one day that the light was off on both the driver and passenger side.

For all of the reset instructions I have seen, it implies that pushing the switch down first should cause the window to go down, which is not working in my case. Is there another type of reset I should try?

Thanks for the responses!

Unfortunately, I just recall one day that the light was off on both the driver and passenger side.

For all of the reset instructions I have seen, it implies that pushing the switch down first should cause the window to go down, which is not working in my case. Is there another type of reset I should try?

Have you tried disconnecting the battery for around 10 minutes to reset the car?

Back