HID Conversion, to do or not to do

Hi Everyone- My wife's CX9 2008 GT car was involved in a collision and the entire passenger headlight assembly was smashed. The GT has the standard HID with 35W ballast and I believed a D2S H9 4300K bulb. I have found used non-HID headlight assembly and planning to reuse my old ballast, harness and bulb socket. Will that be possible? If so, how difficult is it. Thanks in advance.

I want to do this conversion with 5000K HIDs. What will be the performance and aesthetic differences between 35W and 55W ballasts? My goal is simply noticeably better driving visibility at night, without creating a blue look or blinding other drivers. Thanks.

Aesthetics wise, not really any difference. Performance will just be a higher output light.

My initial worry was the 55w bulbs would blind incoming traffic. I can say this is 100% not an issue on these cars. I actually turned up my headlights even higher AFTER installing the 55w HID's. Im almost at a full year now with them installed without a single issue. And havent been flashed for my lights being bright a single time.

Blue and other color tones have to do with the color output of the bulb, not the wattage. ;)

Thanks....so is the kit for one light assembly or both lights? Also, I want to put similar HID's in fog shrouds....do you know if DDM makes those? Otherwise, I might go the Hella route and get factory cutouts so I don't have to drill the plastic fillers there now. Just looking for a good light match there and added side lighting for dark roads and nights.

I don't own the foglights now so I'm trying to decide what kit/parts would be a nice color match with the DDN HID upgrade while still maintaining the OEM look of the round fogs they use. So if I get 2 kits, should I get 35W for the fogs and then order some Hella 90 MM lights and factory shrouds with cutouts? Thanks for you reply.

Sorry to drag up a really old thread, but does anyone know if there is a separate low & high beam bulb in the 2012? looking to do the HID upgrade and getting conflicting info. I had always figured there was one bulb and the angle changes when high beam is selected...

Back