Longer windshield wipers than stock sizes?

badboyeee

:
2002 mazda protege5 upgrading to a 2003
I am wondering if any of you ever got longer windshield wipers for your Protege5's
Stock sizes are:
driver 21"
passenger 19"
rear 14"

I am thinking about going 1-2" longer to get more wiper coverage. Or is this a bad idea?

just measure the windshield to make sure they won't overhang any of the edges. i would think you could go 1" bigger without much issue. 2" bigger and you might get interference with the windshield frame.

You can go like 15" on the rear one. On the front I just get 20's all the time. Then I keep moving the drivers to the pass side and change just the drivers twice as often for the same $. I never miss the 1/2" lost top and bottom. The 20 is OK on the pass side.

I've run 22"/20" up front and out back I took a Valeo and cut it down to work since the shortest silicone blade wipers I could find were 18" before I swapped to the M6 wagon rr wiper setup. Still on the oem blade in it.

if you want good silicone blades that last a very very long time for about $10 each go to thewiperstore.com and put in the car info they have all the sizes we need and just about any car will need

Back