2015 Mazda6 in Canada Too!

Stixx22

:
2015 Mazda6 GX 6MT w/Nav
Proud owner of a 2015 Mazda6 GS. My 2002 Nissan Altima was toast after only 137,000 kms (85,000 miles). When looking for a new car, I wanted something that looked good, was full sized, had excellent fuel mileage, and had a manual tranny. The manual was nearly impossible to find in the class. Only base the Fusion (base), Passat (base), Accord, and Subaru, and Mazda6 offered the transmission. Narrowed it down to the Mazda and the Accord. I Hated the feel of the Accord-felt large and lethargic. It's Dashboard was also a pain to use.

I settled on the GS trim (the only advantage to the GT was the moonroof, nav, and leatherette and got the dealership to install the nag for free).

Love the gear box. Love the way the car feels on the road. LOVE the efficiency!

It's 184 hp doesn't give you a lot to get excited about off the line, but with 185 lbs of torque, 2nd and 3rd gear bring the car to life.

I drive nearly 50,000kms a year (31k miles), so economy was important (especially with gas here in beautiful Ottawa averaging $1.40 per litre or $5.30/gallon). When you drive her nice on the highway (cruise set at 115KPH or 71MPH, she sips fuel-500kms or 310miles on just over a quarter tank on my last trip)! worked out to about 6.4L/100kms or 44mpg in a real life driving.

I get compliments all the time about how it looks. Most people think it is an Infinity or even a Jag from a distance. They are a fairly rare car here too! I have only seen 3 other 2014/2015 models in the past month and a bit.

Voice control, handsfree phone is a bit of a pain and it tends to struggle with automatically changing the infotainment from day to night mode. But the audio quality of the bluetooth is excellent. Most people have no idea I am driving while speaking to them.

About as perfect as a car as I could have hoped for so far.

Paid: $31,240 CDN which included the GS trim, 6MT, nag, snow tires and rims (those a a HUGE deal here-haha) and my first 5 synthetic oil changes and tire rotations.

Attachments

• Mazda6 Hood.jpg
    Mazda6 Hood.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 219
if it is a 2015 it must have that maserati-like grill. i am from new zealand and you can buy "mazderati" decals for your shape of 6 but the only people who will likely buy them are the rich kids from remuera and the north shore of auckland who have money from their high-paid i.t. job they got through tom and dick in the catholic church or from their parents to buy one. i have a lantis, and it so happens the headlights look similar but not the grill and the grill is almost a maserati trademark.

i don't mean to boast, but my parents are millionaires, barely - they still won't go out and buy me the latest mazda 6 i believe they are about forty or fifty thousand dollars new.

lol, i want a 2 anyway, and i can import from japan. that will set my parents back a pitiful five thousand dollars but nope, my parents won't give up the money. my father tells me to get a job instead of relying on him for a lot of money.

also, gas is one dollar fifty a litre there? that's cheap. we pay fifty cents more in new zealand.

Back