Rear sway bar

raul_gianino

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
Hey guys so I'm currently running with no sway bar. At the drop I adjusted my coilovers at makes my sway bar rest on my lateral links. I bought shorter end links and didn't work. I need a new sway bar with a different design so it can sit between the lateral links.

I'm looking at the progress bar .
Or the racebeat beat rear sway bar, I just want confirmation on this. Will the progress bar meet these requirements ?

How about the race beat? And I know the race beat is 27mm (I believe) , so what brackets, bushing, and mounts will I need to make this fit my p5

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The racebeat or MSP rear sway bar is 19mm and the Progress is 22mm. How low are you with your coils?

Maxed out in the front. And in the rear, I'm right above the ebrake line. It's pretty low lol

I was gonna buy the racebeat off someone tomorrow but they said it was 27mm so idk kinda made me think twice about it lol that's over an inch.

I'm looking into the progress but I'm running into the issues I mentions before

Not thinking there is a 27mm rr sway out there for our cars. OMG that would be such overkill. 22mm is thickest I am aware of. Did you ever mount the oem without endlinks, hold up the end and measure exactly how long you need endlinks to be so it doesn't hit anything? That would be where I would start. And it should be right for the Progress sway too since it mounts the same as oem. You could get the new sway then mount to subframe and hold it up in place to measure endlink length needed as well. Also may need to adj coilovers a bit for best fit and no hit.

Well the oem sway bar, hits my lateral links, I bought shorter end links and it hit my chassis so I'm currently with no rear sway. I was talking to cr3 motorsports and they tell me the progress bar shouldn't hit my lateral links , so I'm thinking of going with the thickest out there. I'm not trying to be any higher than I am now lol if anything lower once I buy wheels or spacers for my stocks

the progress sway mimics the OEM protege5 sway bar. so, if the OEM hits, the progress will hit also.

here's my $0.02... just leave it off. if you are that low, you have no suspension travel anyway. plus, you'll be driving so slow to not scrape that a sway bar isn't going to make any lick of difference in handling.

Speaking to cr3 motorsports though , they tell me the progress bar will rest between the lateral links not hitting anything , same with the race beat. I'd just rather have the thicker bar

Back