How to turn Radio off?

Dinsley

:
2014 Mazda 3
Recently purchased 2014 Mazda 3 with Mazda Connect Audio system. Love the car, hate that the Radio is always on. Anyone know a way to turn it off? The models without Mazda Connect radio have an off switch. Like having Bluetooth volume up for phone calls, but that makes the radio always on. Thx for your help.

Maybe mute (push the small volume knob)? I'd have to test it, but I think mute only applies to music source, and other audio such as nav and phone still make sound.

Thanks for the response. I wish it was that simple, but the Volume dial and Mute button- control all the audio sources, so a phone call will not be heard unless unmuted. And then when phone is hung up, the radio starts again. I don't want to hear the radio all the time. What ever happened to silence?

I just read through the owners manual and there is no mention of how to turn the radio off. Here's a possible work-around (untested): Refer to pg 5-50, Parental lock. Set the lock on your default SiriusXM channel (or some other unimportant channel if you have activated service) and this should mute that channel when locked.

You can't. I emailed Mazda right away once we got the car. Of course, they wanted to know all my personal details before answering my question.

Thanks for the response. I wish it was that simple, but the Volume dial and Mute button- control all the audio sources, so a phone call will not be heard unless unmuted. And then when phone is hung up, the radio starts again. I don't want to hear the radio all the time. What ever happened to silence?

Not true. The volume knob controls the current source. If NAV is making an announcement, adjusting the volume effects only NAV at the time. You will see what you are adjusting when turning. If the radio is being adjusted, notes appear. If phone is being adjusted, phone appears.

Have Nav make an announcement and adjust. Then return to just radio and turn down to 0.

Interesting - I'll have to try that when NAV is active.
Thanks.

Interesting - I'll have to try that when NAV is active.
Thanks.

my dad has a 2014 6 with same radio thats how he has to turn his off, mazda really made the radios in this generation horrible the usb acts up and starts over on the 1st song every time he starts the car, the blutooth does about the same thing half the time he cant understand what a caller is saying when in the car through blutooth on the radio. the radios just suck! thats why i like aftermarket radios better they put more r&d into them and make sure they are easy to use and sound better. not 30 buttons all over the place that 75% could be combined because they only work on one setting like blutooth or nav

Hmmm, I can hear callers very well, especially when not on the highway doing 80. For the most part, I'm very happy with the infotainment system. My only suggestions for Mazda are:
1. Soften the front seats at the bottom.
2. More gauges - coolant temp, oil pressure/temp, cabin temp

whats funny is the 6 and 3 have bigger gauge clusters but the mx5 has more gauges than the new one they include coolant and oil pressure

I think GM is the king of gauges. Corvettes have more analog and digital gauges than some nuclear power stations. My ScanGauge II is an absolute necessity as far as I'm concerned. It is much more accurate than most analog gauges.

I just got the 2016 Mazda6 GT this week and just realized that everyone has the same issue.

I resolved this by buying a Male-to-male 3.5mm cable and simply plugging into the Aux port. The infotainment system will think something is connected. I simply change the audio source to Aux to turn the radio "off".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back