Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 02 Mazda P5 "Bumblebee"

Registered Member Protege5 Smoke's Avatar

2002 Mazda Protege5

Quote Originally Posted by 915_P5 View Post
    *SORRY WRONG YELLOW P5 OWNER, LOL

What ever happed to the rims you had gotten
    Lol. Wish I had gotten some rims..
    A friend of mine has a set of the msp Racingharts from an old protege. Might end up buying those this winter and refinishing them

2002 Mazda Protege5

02 Mazda P5 "Bumblebee"

Changed my wiper switch today. swapped it with one from a MPV. $30 and 15 min later, its one of the best and most useful mods you could do to our cars
    Last edited by Protege5 Smoke; 04-20-2019 at 11:30 PM.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

03 Protege5 Auto

Difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Protege5 Smoke View Post
    Changed my wiper switch today. swapped it with one from a MPV. $30 and 15 min later, its one of the best and most useful mods you could do to our cars
    Hey nice build so far!!!
    What are the differences between this wiper stalk and the stock one? Advantages, disadvantages?

'02.5 Mazda Protege5

The MPV/Tribute stalk has adjustable Intermittent settings instead of the stock one where you can not change the intermittent speed. The dial thing that says "Int" is how you adjust. This is basically a no con mod. Direct plug and play and gives you extra adjustment settings, so well worth it in most opinions.

Donated: $10

Completely Stock P5

For the record I used one out of a Ford Escape its the same thing if your junkyard is out of MPV's.

Completely stock... (lol)

02 Mazda P5

Ford escape, mpv and mazda6 can be used on the protege/P5

MSP HEADLIGHTS, MSP DOOR SILLS, MAZDASPEED AXLE BACK, S2K ANTENNA, REAR WIPER DELETE, FRONT PLATE RELOCATOR, TEIN COILOVER/STRUT SUSPENSION, OBX HEADER 4-1 W/ FOULER TRICK, K&N DROP IN FILTER, SPORT SHIFTER BASE, FRONT LIP, DIY FOGLIGHT MOD, COMPASS/TEMP MIRROR

2002 Mazda Protege5

Quote Originally Posted by DanutzRO View Post
    Hey nice build so far!!!
    What are the differences between this wiper stalk and the stock one? Advantages, disadvantages?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Taco Cat View Post
    The MPV/Tribute stalk has adjustable Intermittent settings instead of the stock one where you can not change the intermittent speed. The dial thing that says "Int" is how you adjust. This is basically a no con mod. Direct plug and play and gives you extra adjustment settings, so well worth it in most opinions.
    This^^^
    There are absolutely no disadvantages with this mod. Proven oem technology and extra options = foolproof mod. Just make sure you use the MPV/tribute/Ford Escape/mazda6 wagon stalk on the P5, instead of the msp stalk, or you won't have a rear wiper anymore
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

Protege5

Quote Originally Posted by Protege5 Smoke View Post
    Got a dash cover piece from a forum member, finally got around to doing something about it. Pulled the tape off, and sanded down a couple of scratches. Next chance I get, I'm putting a few coats of paint on it. Gonna try and pull off a piano black finish, or as close as possible. We'll see..
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Is this the cover that goes over the passenger airbag? I want to cover mine with red vinyl to match the seats...
    2002 Protege5 5 Speed, Pure White, FSZE Swap, Konig Incident 17's
    2006 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 5.3

2002 Mazda Protege5

Quote Originally Posted by MrGiggles View Post
    Is this the cover that goes over the passenger airbag? I want to cover mine with red vinyl to match the seats...
    Yup. I was going to just paint mine black but I'm not quite satisfied with the fitment

Registered Member

Protege5

How do you take that off? Are there tabs or something from the back side?

2002 Mazda Protege5

Double sided tape

2002 Mazda Protege5

02 Mazda P5 "Bumblebee"

I'm still alive! its been too long since i've updated this thread...

that ebay antenna - in short, its a pos. top half unscrewed and won't stay tightened down anymore, so i took it off. painted faded down to the copper(?) before that. any suggestions to a qualitative short antenna are welcome

new changes - got jdm taillights, 03.5 cupholder upgrade which came with the full set of interior trims(console, radio surround, door handles, switch plates) painted in gunmetal grey, and msp lip. still looking for a pair of fog deletes.

no pics of the lip yet but these came in this week i hope to get them mounted next week
    Last edited by Protege5 Smoke; 04-20-2019 at 11:36 PM.

Pro5

I run an s2000 antenna. Some people dont like them because the base is a little wider than the mount on the car. I didnt like the sound of that until I saw one in person. Its not bad. Most people seem to like the cx-7 antenna.

Tails look good, where'd you get them?

And youre killing me, what model/specs are the wheels!

2002 Mazda Protege5

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie chan View Post
    I run an s2000 antenna. Some people dont like them because the base is a little wider than the mount on the car. I didnt like the sound of that until I saw one in person. Its not bad. Most people seem to like the cx-7 antenna.

Tails look good, where'd you get them?

And youre killing me, what model/specs are the wheels!
    Tails I bought from a forum member (thx mp5la!), complete with bulbs and wiring harness. I was surprised at how good of a condition they were in

Wheels are Varrstoen V3 16x8 +25 offset. Should fit just perfect on the rear, might be a bit out past the fenders on the front. Will probably need to roll my fenders. Tires are 215/40

'02.5 Mazda Protege5

Nice updates man!! Those wheels should look mint and for quality antenna, definitely s2000 or cx-7 for sure. Keen to see the wheels on!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast