02 Mazda P5 "Bumblebee"

I'll have my mechanic test it. I don't have the tools to swap my radiator and do a coolant flush so I have to take it to a shop anyway. Are there any aftermarket options for radiators? The Mishimoto one is common, but my car is auto. I know there's a difference between manual and auto radiators

And for the thermostat, any OE replacement part is ok? I'm wondering if the replacement parts will be susceptible to the same problem as the OE. Mishimoto makes a thermostat for the Protege, has anyone tried these out?
http://www.mishimoto.com/mazda-protege-racing-thermostat-99-03.html?gclid=CMSLibn1q8QCFYc7aQodi44AlQ

Last edited:
Want to do some painting in the engine bay, strut brace namely. Anyone know if high heat paint necessary for that, since it doesn't come in contact with the engine itself?

02 Mazda P5 "Bumblebee"

Got a dash cover piece from a forum member, finally got around to doing something about it. Pulled the tape off, and sanded down a couple of scratches. Next chance I get, I'm putting a few coats of paint on it. Gonna try and pull off a piano black finish, or as close as possible. We'll see..

Last edited:
02 Mazda P5 "Bumblebee"

Finished the paint on the CR3 adp I got. Looks great...
e28dbaecfa3f4e4f8c934c85238675d9.jpg
21e5f7bb27315307938da4ec472f7cc5.jpg

...but it has some fitment issues (anyone else?). The hook for the closing latch hits the adp. Hood still closes but it pushes on the adp causing it to warp when the hood is fully closed. Pulled it out, going to have to machine away some more of the material around the latch. But here are some pics of it installed
5dae4468c1c61d2146f3b7d73cf40750.jpg

And the awesome CR3 washer kit, changed the fender and headlight bolts, still have to do the valve cover. These will also work on the grille mount screws, but you have to use the 30mm, the shortest (20mm) won't reach. But they still look great :D
ffb26bf6ddefafe6d198800f1b0be928.jpg

Last edited:
02 Mazda P5 "Bumblebee"

Got tired of the antenna looking like this-
8edd87954f1b6d10daffcc9888e7be0e.jpg

So I bought a $6 short one off eBay
a8e7548223aaaf98e3e67dce373492c8.jpg

Much better :)

In-the-near-future upgrades: purchased a MPV wiper switch, should be here soon. Need to replace rear wiper, any suggestions for upgrades are welcome. Going to swap to the msp brake setup as soon as I finish repainting the calipers..

Last edited:
Top tank had busted along the seam with the core. I put stop leak in it until I got home but the real issue was the thermostat was stuck. I replaced both, flushed the system and added new coolant. Works fine now

*SORRY WRONG YELLOW P5 OWNER, LOL

What ever happed to the rims you had gotten

Lol. Wish I had gotten some rims..
A friend of mine has a set of the msp Racingharts from an old protege. Might end up buying those this winter and refinishing them

02 Mazda P5 "Bumblebee"

Changed my wiper switch today. swapped it with one from a MPV. $30 and 15 min later, its one of the best and most useful mods you could do to our cars
edfb839b583f224d80c1421166026618.jpg

Last edited:
Difference?

Changed my wiper switch today. swapped it with one from a MPV. $30 and 15 min later, its one of the best and most useful mods you could do to our cars

Hey nice build so far!!!
What are the differences between this wiper stalk and the stock one? Advantages, disadvantages?

The MPV/Tribute stalk has adjustable Intermittent settings instead of the stock one where you can not change the intermittent speed. The dial thing that says "Int" is how you adjust. This is basically a no con mod. Direct plug and play and gives you extra adjustment settings, so well worth it in most opinions.

For the record I used one out of a Ford Escape its the same thing if your junkyard is out of MPV's.

Hey nice build so far!!!
What are the differences between this wiper stalk and the stock one? Advantages, disadvantages?

Thanks

The MPV/Tribute stalk has adjustable Intermittent settings instead of the stock one where you can not change the intermittent speed. The dial thing that says "Int" is how you adjust. This is basically a no con mod. Direct plug and play and gives you extra adjustment settings, so well worth it in most opinions.

This^^^
There are absolutely no disadvantages with this mod. Proven oem technology and extra options = foolproof mod. Just make sure you use the MPV/tribute/Ford Escape/mazda6 wagon stalk on the P5, instead of the msp stalk, or you won't have a rear wiper anymore

Got a dash cover piece from a forum member, finally got around to doing something about it. Pulled the tape off, and sanded down a couple of scratches. Next chance I get, I'm putting a few coats of paint on it. Gonna try and pull off a piano black finish, or as close as possible. We'll see..
E5D2EC44-3035-4603-A41A-A7CE3E9D9889_zpsuyeci86o.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Is this the cover that goes over the passenger airbag? I want to cover mine with red vinyl to match the seats...

Back