Anyone with HID conversions?

for the love of God do not put hids in a normal headlight. I want to smack people that do that. I got out of my car one night because some dickhead in a lifted truck road my ass with them

Stay away from ebay. Half the time they don't work and when they do only one works

Benefit of lowered cars hehe dont blind as many people in taller vehicles!! (kidding)
I suffer from the HID in stock reflector decision but I simply dont have the money and or steady handiwork to do a retrofit. I know that doesnt make it right but still..

I'm just staying with halogen or whatever came from factory for mandatory lighting on all of my vehicles. LED light bar on the truck, converted HID Hellas, converted HID fogs & halogen headlights.....and the truck IS lifted too. Ready for any and all light games people might wanna play. The car fogs are useless in oem form, they are getting converted to 3000k HID with the shroud inside removed. Headlights are Philips XtremeVision halogen H7 lows and 9005 brights in the car and same H4s in the truck. I don't start the games but am prepared to play.

This is why i've never put HID's on my car. I live in a place where lifted trucks are popular and its horrible when they blind you. You cant see anything for a few seconds.

Yes but coming straight on bright ass blue lights blind you more than regular high beams.

Why should I have to tint my windows because some douche in a truck thinks it's cool? That's like saying I should be more patient so someone in a hellaflush car can take 20 minutes to get over a speed bump

It's honestly not bad if it's just the 4300 or 5k. But the 8k and 10k suck for other drivers
I've never done anything except 5k or 3 k. Kinda pointless to do something to have better lighting and then buy bulbs that are weird color and less output and just annoying and a popo attention getter.

This is why i've never put HID's on my car. I live in a place where lifted trucks are popular and its horrible when they blind you. You cant see anything for a few seconds.
Just like the sun...don't look directly at them. Now we are talking about somewhat different thing becuase it doesn't take HIDs to be blinded by lifted trucks but ill pointed HIDS in a lifted truck are extra blinding. Glare or scatter is one thing but up where they are directly at people vs towards the road it does get extra silly.

The worst part is is that it's illegal in most states unless they came oem or you have a projector but cops and inspection places won't enforce it

Hondas are the worst because you can get headlights with the projectors for $250 and most of those will come with the bulb ballast etc to run them

You can't not look at them when they pop up over a hill with their high beams on

It's honestly not bad if it's just the 4300 or 5k. But the 8k and 10k suck for other drivers

Ive seen here locally in Minot, trucks with 8-10k (very deep blue) and even green. Also many cars have 12k the purple kind that from what ive read make driving in rain and snow almost impossible, which is funny due to Minot having snow and rain quite often

Meh. I get blinded by oem projectors all the time so aftermarket hids aren't really that big a deal. ill agree that the deep blues and purples are absolutely pointless though. Bad light output.
Ill prob do projectors shortly but for now 35w5000k aimed a little bit down doesn't get me flashed that often. Sure they are bright but some of the oems out there aren't any better.
I have ddms but I wired in a relay and fused power for the lights. Only using the headlight harness for the relay. I put in wires for fogs as well when I get around to ordering them.

Back