Looking To Get STS

gmck

:
Black Mica 02 P5
Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum... I can post some pics of my P5 if anyone wants (all oem right now besides various paints and removals). I just wanted to know of some good brands of Short Shifters for my P5. What brands do you guys have, and are there any decent ones preferably under $50?

I have the obx adjustable and I LOVE it. Most people will recomend the TWM, Kartboy, or B&M. However the Adjustability of the obx is completely awesome. And for the price and with the included knob, I cant see any reason to get anything else. It has a massive range of adjustability, like 1-3/4" throws to 7 inch throws. You just set it to how you like it.

Here is a link:
https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

That looks nice, is it compatible with both mazdaspeed and standard p5's? May be a dumb question, just want to check! Looks like quality to me, considering the purchase, thanks

Yup, it will fit, I have a P5. I did replace the three little Allen-headed adjustment bolts with regular hex bolts though. You don't have to, I just wanted a little more security from having it slip. The knob that comes with it is also pretty sweet.

Thanks man, I think Im gonna get this, was the installation fairly easy for you?

Yeah, it was really easy. You will need a pair of snap-ring pliers and a tube of grease. You might want to remove your exhaust heat shield too. It will give you more clearance for adjustments. Some of the other kits come with spacers for the heat shield, but I found it easier just to remove it.

Jackie, did you have to take off the whole center console for insulation? or were you able to just take off the silver plastic directly around the shifter... also did you run into two upside down screws holding down the leather cover? idk why anyone would design screws to be inaccessible to!

Back