Which engine mount?

Hi all,

Recently replaced the front engine mount on my P5 and the wheel hop in a straight line has seriously decreased. Same situation if I turn right from a standstill.

However, If I turn left and accelerate (not necessarily hard), the car sounds like its having a heart attack. Everything vibrates, tons of wheel hop, etc.

Just wondering if someone knew which engine mount is causing this? I want to replace that one with an AWR mount and be done with it.

Thanks,

Phil.

Passenger side is done, don't know about trans mount, can't tell... It looks alright.

I havent checked the rear yet.

I recently replaced all 3 except the rear with street unit mounts, and if you dont like vibrations then i suggest you stay with oem mounts with aftermarket inserts

Passenger side is done, don't know about trans mount, can't tell... It looks alright.

I havent checked the rear yet.

You really should replace both the left and right mounts at the same time,... You don't want one new stiff mount on one side and the other all sloppy,...

The rear mount is the one on the transmission,.. You can leave that one for last if the other two don't fix your hop,... one guy actually ran his P5 with no rear mount at all after the bolts sheared on him,...

The rear mount is an ordeal to replace so leaving it be might be smart if the other two fix your problem.

You really should replace both the left and right mounts at the same time,... You don't want one new stiff mount on one side and the other all sloppy,...

The rear mount is the one on the transmission,.. You can leave that one for last if the other two don't fix your hop,... one guy actually ran his P5 with no rear mount at all after the bolts sheared on him,...

The rear mount is an ordeal to replace so leaving it be might be smart if the other two fix your problem.

Good call.

I replaced the 4 in mine with AWR mounts, 2 of the 4 (front and passenger) were torn, the rear was cracked and tearing, and the transmission was ok, but beginning to crack. the NVH is a tad rough but the driving feel is so much better with the solid mounts.

Back