Remote start door shutoff bypass?

skunkd

:
CX-5
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123809022-Remote-Starter-Door-Bypass

I have a 2015 CX-5 looking to get the oem remote start but the door shutoff feature is holding me off as it is completely pointless!

Has anyone tried the door ajar bypass for the OEM remote start listed for other mazdas with all the information in that thread on a CX-5? Is this even possible on a CX-5 to bypass the door ajar sensor just like in the link I posted above by cutting the black and yellow wire behind the glove box? anyone try this or willing to??

This would be awesome if the car didn't have to shut off if a door opened... such a stupid feature

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...w2.justanswer.com/uploads/su..._mazda5_12.pdf

refer to step 12 above to see what I'm talking about.

Maybe I'm missing something. The car is running. You want someone to be able to open the closed door and to have the car continue to run? That sure would make it easy to steal, huh? Or is there more to this?

Maybe I'm missing something. The car is running. You want someone to be able to open the closed door and to have the car continue to run? That sure would make it easy to steal, huh? Or is there more to this?

Your missing something, the car is locked and also if someone presses the brake pedal to put it in drive or for any reason without the key in the car the car shuts off. There is no need for this door ajar to shut the car off so u have to start it again it is a great inconvenience and probably causes more wear and tear starting the car twice as much as normal.

Last edited:
I have not heard of any bypass to this yet.

Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about starting the engine multiple times causing issues. In some parts of the world, Mazda has the Istop system, and it basically stops and starts the engine when the brakes are pressed for a specified period:

I've also seen some Mercedes and BMW's with a similar engine stop system.

Personally, I have had "regular" remote start systems on previous cars, (not push start cars) and a couple of times, when going in the car, I would accidentally start the car again (while it was running). This is surely more dangerous for the engine than starting it back up after it stopped.

I understand why this way of functioning can be seen as redundant and even possibly problematic.
I can only hope that there is a good reason behind this, and that its not a case of bad engineering.

Most factory remote starts do this even on standard key cars. In many cases there isn't much you can do about it. It's more a liability thing than a security/anti-theft issue.

Some aftermarket units do allow for key takeover though. Have it wired that way on my wife's cx-5.

It is a feature I wish the OEM remote starters would include much like the expensive aftermarket systems. I had Sequoia's in the past and had expensive remote starters in them that had a 1/4 mile range, I could open the door and put the key in the ignition and turn it to the proper position and then press the brake and put in drive and off I go. Our prior subaru's did the same thing and it was annoying.

just ground the dome light input wire rather than connect it to the dome light. It's obviously a safety feature and I wouldn't really suggest bypassing it, but I dont see why that wouldnt work.

just ground the dome light input wire rather than connect it to the dome light. It's obviously a safety feature and I wouldn't really suggest bypassing it, but I dont see why that wouldnt work.

Is there any update to this? Has anyone tried it? I still hate that when you open a door the car shuts off.

Latest posts

Back