Mazda 5 Clutch Burned Up...

Johnnyboy247

:
Mazda 5
...on my ride home from NYC to MD. I'm stuck in Jersey til I get it fixed. What am I in for here? Is Aamco gonna rake me over the coals? Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks one and all!!

A clutch change should be about 600-700 at an independent. More at the dealer. Definitely not over a $1000. If you need a new flywheel that's another $300 or so.

The Clutch on our Mazda 5 went yesterday with barely a hint of a problem before it blew. We only had about 130,000 km on it. Very disappointing with the failure at such a low Km. A car that not abused and driven correctly should of gotten to about 200,000km easily. We bought it (demo model) slightly used from the dealership with about 25,000 km on it. So I can't fully blame Mazda for it.

Our 2003 civic (1.7L) which my wife purchased new is still on the original clutch at 280,000 km.

I just had the clutch replaced on my 2008 Mazda 5 after just about 145,000 km. Also disappointend about the low milage. I payed almost $1570 (Sweden is unfortunatly not a cheap country to buy or repair your car in).

Back