Which wastegate actuator should I go with??

TxusMSP

:
2003 Mazdaspeed Protege Spicy Orange
I am only posting this because I am confused on which one to get. My Forge wastegate went out early this week and broke I believe it broke so quick because it was rated at like 8 psi and I boost at anywhere between 8-12 psi. And yes whenever I would haul booty sometimes ID get fuel cut bad. The mods my car has is all the aluminum piping, front mount intercooler, CAI, steedspeed turbo manifold, upgraded engine mounts, stage 2 clutch and I believe that's about it. I'm only asking so I can order the correct one the first time and would like advice on which wastegate would cause less fuel cut for my car! Thanks for any help at all!!

I am only posting this because I am confused on which one to get. My Forge wastegate went out early this week and broke I believe it broke so quick because it was rated at like 8 psi and I boost at anywhere between 8-12 psi. And yes whenever I would haul booty sometimes ID get fuel cut bad. The mods my car has is all the aluminum piping, front mount intercooler, CAI, steedspeed turbo manifold, upgraded engine mounts, stage 2 clutch and I believe that's about it. I'm only asking so I can order the correct one the first time and would like advice on which wastegate would cause less fuel cut for my car! Thanks for any help at all!!

ATP will have them.

6psi, non-adjustable: http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchan...&Product_Code=ATP-WGT-011B&Category_Code=VMSP

There is also an adjustable one.

The WGA isn't the cause of fuel-cut really. Fuel-cut is something entirely different. While it's a symptom of over-boosting, that doesn't necessarily mean it's the WGA causing it.

Ohh okay thanks, and even though I boost to like 12 psi (max) that one that's rated at 6 psi should be okay right??

Yes you will be fine you can not go lower than 6 psi but you can always go higher, forge wastegate is a really bad design, I used too have one and within 3 months it started leaking

Ohh alright got it!! Thanks for the advice guys! Yeah that forge WGA is all look and no performance really, the guy that had this MSP before me said most of the aftermarket engine parts were put on at 100,000 miles, my car now has 150,xxx so you can see it only had probably a years life worth maybe two

I got the Turbosmart 7+. It's adjustable and I've had no problem with boost spike.

As far as fuel cut: if youre running 12 psi with stock injectors and internals, youre lucky your ecu is cutting your fuel or you'd be replacing more than just your wastegate. I wouldn't go more than 8, especially on a stock motor with 150k

I got the Turbosmart 7+. It's adjustable and I've had no problem with boost spike.

As far as fuel cut: if youre running 12 psi with stock injectors and internals, youre lucky your ecu is cutting your fuel or you'd be replacing more than just your wastegate. I wouldn't go more than 8, especially on a stock motor with 150k

Do you still need a boost controller or can you just adjust the wastegate?

Back