SLS Midpipe or high flow cat?

:
2002.5 Mazdaspeed Protege5
What are my options to replace the stock midpipe? Should I go with the SLS midpipe or go with a high flow cat? Not really sure if I want to pay $250 for the SLS midpipe though.

I got a magnaflow 2.25" hi flow cat and had exhaust shop pipe it up with a flex fitting from header collector to the catback piping flange where it bolts in all factorylike. $57 cat, $80 flex fitting & about $40 welding/fitting. A little cheaper................

What are my options to replace the stock midpipe? Should I go with the SLS midpipe or go with a high flow cat? Not really sure if I want to pay $250 for the SLS midpipe though.
For the money you'd spend on a manufactured component, you'd be better off have an exhaust shop make it for you and save a substantial amount of money. I had my 3" from Pope back done with my supplied Dynomax resonator ($40) and eBay muffler ($20) for $120 just to give you an idea.

I have an SLS with a high flow cat and flex. It was expensive but got it through protege garage
passed emissions fine, and i have an obx header so it was my only cat

I dont have to worry about emissions, I live in Florida lol. I have a Manzo header and one cat and wanted to have my exhaust fully complete and the last thing was the midpipe. But for $250, I think I am just gonna go with a highflow cat.

Back