CorkSport.com is MAZDA PERFORMANCE!
CorkSport.com is MAZDA PERFORMANCE!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommend: e-focus rear motor mount

08 Mazda5 Sport, 10 CX9 Touring

Quote Originally Posted by pigfragger View Post
    the better shifting might be a placebo but overall I feel that I get more consistent shifts and clutch drops, maybe because there is less engine movement. And yes I did got the 95 duro spec knowing full well how much vibration it will send to the carbin. I think the 70 duro might be a worthwhile investment to get less engine movement but still have reasonable levels of vibration. I will say this, the AWR piece is absolutely amazing in build and finish quality, you will not be disappointed.
    Although sac02 is correct about the cables minimizing problems due to mounts I can confirm that a vehicle with mounts like ours will exhibit poor shifting and clutch engagement if the mounts are worn. So stiffening the mounts over stock should marginally improve the shift feel and clutch engagement. By the way, installed this RMM last week and I definitely agree there is a marked improvement in wheel hop and acceleration with very minimal vibration increase. I don't know about the manual trans guys but I had to procure a through bolt with the right thread pitch as the factory one did not match up to the new mount. Great find though, gentlemen.
    Last edited by loosenut; 02-21-2015 at 11:42 AM.

Registered Member Silentnoise713's Avatar

2008 Mazda5 Grand Touring; 2009 Honda Fit Sport/Nav MT

I just realize this is the same mount Ford revised for the ST. Folks have known about eFocus mount before Ford issued the TSB. can you confirm how much this goes for? Prices are all over the place BUT upon close inspection some appear to be aftermarket mounts that "look" same/similar.
    Stuff for sale:
    Flex Innovation 5 wire grounding Kit (for manual owners reduce drive-by-wire throttle lag)
    https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...56#post6532656

^http://www.wingood.com/flagselect.asp

My Thread
    ^http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showt...oise713-Thread

I purchased mine off ebay from the link posted above. $35. The invoice included with it does have the Ford PN# but was not in Ford packaging. Overall the part seems well manufactured, the only cause of concern was the smell of the rubber. In my experience cheap rubber smells bad as did this bushing, time will tell.

Registered Member Silentnoise713's Avatar

2008 Mazda5 Grand Touring; 2009 Honda Fit Sport/Nav MT

Quote Originally Posted by loosenut View Post
    I purchased mine off ebay from the link posted above. $35. The invoice included with it does have the Ford PN# but was not in Ford packaging. Overall the part seems well manufactured, the only cause of concern was the smell of the rubber. In my experience cheap rubber smells bad as did this bushing, time will tell.
    Ok. I'm pretty sure that $35 is not OEM (prices have gone up so you got in when it was cheaper, been in my ebay shopping cart). It is by "MotorKing" which is an aftermarket supplier – like Moog. Simply judging by pics alone, the Ford OEM seem to have very clean and clear detail in their mold. That is all superficial since the quality of the rubber matters most so time will tell. I think the shiny aluminum piece sways the eyes into thinking it is different especially since we are comparing to the Mazda style OE part, which is distinctly different.

On another topic, there are aftermarket solutions that uses the not-as-pretty Mazda “style” RMM design but filled with solid rubber, unlike OEM which have space/pockets in-between for comfort. Have you looked into these, thoughts? For example, ROCA’s RMM uses the Mazda fuggly “style” design but filled rubber like the eFocus.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentnoise713 View Post
    On another topic, there are aftermarket solutions that uses the not-as-pretty Mazda “style” RMM design but filled with solid rubber, unlike OEM which have space/pockets in-between for comfort. Have you looked into these, thoughts? For example, ROCA’s RMM uses the Mazda fuggly “style” design but filled rubber like the eFocus.
    Yeah, I'd looked at everything from the inserts to the full performance mounts but decided to try this as a compromise between price, comfort and performance. The inserts I looked at cost about the same as this mount. So far I'm happy with my decision.

Registered Member

2011 Mazda 5 2.0 2WD (CW) 5AT

Quote Originally Posted by pigfragger View Post
    I don't have a family, I just enjoy having a spacious car to haul all the stuff I buy. I realize that PM will add considerable amount of vibration. But my goal is to build basically a mild track day 6 seater to weird out all the RX-7 and Miata guys on track day at Laguna Seca and Infineon Raceway.

I will be running on stock wheels with bilstein B6 HD on stock springs. Mazdaspeed 3 Oem rear sway bar, moog end links. Goodridge stainless steel brakelines. I also have a cosworth BSD balance shaft delete kit but I holding off on putting it on until I put my PM on, since I don't know how bad vibrations will get. If vibrations are not too bad I will put on the BSD and order up a oil pan baffle for it. At this points all parts are in except for the Bilstein which will be ordered up soon. I looked through all the suspension kit and coilover options but found nothing to my likings.
    Are there B6 for our M5s? Looking at Bilstein's website I'm only able to find B4s.

Registered Member

too numerous to name...

I'd like to bump this thread just because - it's that good.

I did this swap this weekend. My old mount was a bit creaky but not visibly torn. The difference was still night and day.

There is a tiny, tiny increase in NVH at low revs. Honestly, if I hadn't read about it before I don't know if I'd have noticed it. I do have a 6MT though.

I don't know if my shifting necessarily feels better in the "will it engage properly" sense. What I do note is a tiny bit more consistency to when the synchros engage as I make a shifting genture - it feels nicer, but it doesn't really affect the shift in any meaningful way.

What does become obvious is the decrease of engine movement during a low-speed launch. The clutch feels more precise as a consequence. There's much less lurching when letting off the accelerator in first gear, etc.

All in all, very highly recommended. Easy to do, the e-Focus mount is probably vastly more durable, so it's an upgrade in just about any sense. Make sure to get the right pinch bolt though!

Ruby

Registered Member

2007 speed3

How did you guys get this to work if the thread pitch on the Mazda bolt doesnt match the thread pitch in the Ford E-Focus mount?

UPDATE: Never mind, I realized that a new matching FORD bolt also needs to be purchased.
    Last edited by Lex2007; 09-13-2017 at 02:38 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12