Brake Master Cylinder replacement

:
2009 M5 Sport
How big a job is it to replace brake master cylinder on a 2009 Mazda 5? This has to be old news in the forum and a common repair, but I can't find any videos. It doesn't look like a big deal, other than having to remove battery & maybe the mount. Also, any cautions on buying a rebuilt master?
No animation here; you're welcome.

no experience on Mazda master cylinders. My experience on Honda: 1) replaced with rebuilt master cylinder - leaked, had to remove and return. 2) bought new master cylinder, worked fine, no leaks. My thoughts: if I had to do it again, I would buy a new one, the $ saved with a rebuilt is not worth the time & effort & $ to replace a faulty one (need to replace more brake fluid & rebleed brakes, besides the effort to remove and replace master cylinder). Also this is a safety & wear part - you don't know what was done to the rebuilt part.

Good points. Thanks.

no experience on Mazda master cylinders. My experience on Honda: 1) replaced with rebuilt master cylinder - leaked, had to remove and return. 2) bought new master cylinder, worked fine, no leaks. My thoughts: if I had to do it again, I would buy a new one, the $ saved with a rebuilt is not worth the time & effort & $ to replace a faulty one (need to replace more brake fluid & rebleed brakes, besides the effort to remove and replace master cylinder). Also this is a safety & wear part - you don't know what was done to the rebuilt part.

Back